Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Asian Deck Swap for TravelersHart


This is my entry for the TravelersHart group Asian Deck swap . Cards are 3" x 5", of Asian theme in red, white and black. What a challenge...I made mine larger - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" since the swap is color copies of the orginal work. I started with a piece of chipboard. I glued on some red mulberry paper with fine gold threads here and there. Then I cut up a xerox copy of chinese newspaper into one inch squares - I have this in my stash from a chinese new year event I went to a WHILE back. Then I crumpled the squares up and flattened them back out - makes a nice texture. Then I dove into my magazine/catalog/junk mail clippings for collage and came up with the dancer. And since this is a card deck these chinese dragons went well. The chops in the alternate corners I also clipped from the newspaper - on page 3, so I think it says 3. The border curve was inspired by this newspaper - the page numbers had this with many chops in each top corner. It is a very simplistic design.

AND I have a surprise. I am going to give away this little gem to one of my artsy friends who also played in the swap...Sb



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin