Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Unscripted Sketches #102

Here is my creation for Unscripted Sketches sketch #102 with piggyback challenge of using something recycled/repurposed.

I love doing throw away collages - collecting up leftover stuff from other projects and create something new. The base of this is a 6" square star book made of chipboard scraps and white paper that I made as a prototype before I cut up my pretty patterned papers.

The burlap & sparkly floral mesh were scraps from an altered book project and stamped images leftover from a stamping class project I was teaching. I gave the base of the cover a whitewash with some acrylic paint in a dauber bottle. I finished this off with some real freshwater pearl beads. Hope everyone likes it. Summer has arrived way too soon here and I have been daydreaming of my peaceful Sunday AM last weekend at the beach with my sister.

What is Sketch it Saturdays at Unscripted Sketches? Every Saturday morning a new sketch is posted for the week. Flip the sketch, rotate it… create a card, a scrapbook page, a wall hanging, digital, paper, fabric, paint, anything your imagination comes up with! There is no right or wrong way, as long as you are using the Unscripted sketch as the inspiration for your creation! And everyone is invited to join in the fun...and post your creation on their page for all the world to see!

Have a great week : ) Sb

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin