Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Friday, July 15, 2011

Special Christmas in July Goodness



Happy Friday Everyone! Today I am the featured designer over at Unscripted Sketches Christmas in July Extravaganza.

For about 10 years now, each December, I make a handmade ornament or special handcrafted gift for my Grandmother to give to her students of her painting classes (about 2 dozen). She loves that her grand-daughter is making them and her students have a keepsake that they really enjoy. This little annual tradition is what got me started with making origami ornaments and opening my Etsy Shop, SalonDArte.

This adorable Rudolph is one of these creations. I wanted to share with you a cute little something I made with some crafty items you might have on hand {especially if you have crafty kids}.

This little reindeer is made from...Yep you guessed it! One of those wooden ice cream scoops! Can you believe it????

With some paint, a few other wooden shapes {or craft foam cut shapes will do, too}, a pipe cleaner, some beady trim {I used one that was little christmas bulbs}, a bow around the neck and to top Rudolph off in his holiday best a pom-pom red nose and GOOGLY EYES!!! I gave him some extra detail with a marker, and VOILA! What a cutie.

It was quick and easy to make a bunch of these, like decorating cookies - they come to life when you add those finishing touches - especially the googly eyes. I also added a strip of magnet to the back so he can charm the refrigerator all season long.

Enjoy! See you tomorrow for Sketch-it Saturday!!!

: ) Sb

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin