Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Celebrating 50... Lovely Card using
Unscripted Sketches #123


Right on time! Presenting our regularly scheduled Sketch it Saturday's Reveal! This week's creation is for sketch #123 over at Unscripted Sketches. There's a PIGGYBACK challenge this week, too - calls for using numbers. So I made my card very elegant with purple and gold celebrating 50. It could be 50th Anniversary or birthday. Either way it's lovely.

No stamping this week. I used chipboard numbers embellished with shimmery acrylic paint & gold ink, topped diamond glaze AND cuttlebug embossed borders on strips of fancy gold paper. Nothing goes to waste around here - this paper was a misprint of the gold tickets I was making for the craft show swag bags. This simple design is mounted on purple cardstock and finished off with some pearly buttons and sheer ribbon. My apologies for the photo - this one is just too chunky to scan.

A question??? Does anyone else fiddle with their bows for over an hour to make them just right???


What is Sketch it Saturdays at Unscripted Sketches? Every Saturday morning a new sketch is posted for the week. Flip the sketch, rotate it… create a card, a scrapbook page, a wall hanging, digital, paper, fabric, paint, anything your imagination comes up with! There is no right or wrong way, as long as you are using the Unscripted sketch as the inspiration for your creation! And everyone is invited to join in the fun...and post your creation on their page for all the world to see!

Hope you have a great weekend. Tomorrow is "Art Sunny Side Up", my big craft show I have been working on and looking forward to for weeks. Wish me luck! I hope to see all my local friends there, too.
: ) Sb

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin