Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Saturday, January 21, 2012

All is Golden - Holiday Tag with Pocket
using Unscripted Sketches #142

 
Happy Saturday!!! I'm bringing you my regularly scheduled Sketch-it Saturday with Unscripted Sketches creation. This week's sketch #142 also has a "Piggyback Challenge" of using a pocket. AND...I AM FOUR WEEKS IN AND STILL CREATING FOR CHRISTMAS!!!

How about a close-up...
The tag is made from a scrap of fancy-schmancy, expensive Gold Currency Cover Stock {a perk of working at a commercial printshop - sometimes, but rarely I get offcuts of something really nice}. It really looks like gold coins when embossed! I stamped the "Have a Blessed Christmas" sentiment from Viva Las Vegastamps! Plate 1363 stamped in Regal Burgundy Memories Pigment ink from Stewart Superior embossed with VLVS clear ultra high gloss embossing powder. I used two cuttlebug embossing borders then distressed with a couple of cats eye chalk inks. I finished it off with reclaimed piece of red and gold ribbon. So simple, but so rich and regal : )


Then to complete the piggyback challenge, I created a pocket to hold this elegant tag. The pocket is made from a folded over piece of gold currency cover cardstock that is lined with a scrap of wrapping paper {you know those small pieces we ALL save that are too small to wrap anything}. This paper is a beautiful red and gold checkered pattern that matched perfectly. Using another scrap of patterned paper matted with plain red wrapping paper and the gold and red checkered, I finished off with a to:/from: sentiment and a Sandy Lion snowflake embellishment. This tag is ready to include a gift card or adhere to a package!


What is Sketch it Saturdays at Unscripted Sketches? Every Saturday morning a new sketch is posted for the week. Flip the sketch, rotate it… create a card, a scrapbook page, a wall hanging, digital, paper, fabric, paint, anything your imagination comes up with! There is no right or wrong way, as long as you are using the Unscripted sketch as the inspiration for your creation! And everyone is invited to join in the fun...and post your creation on their page for all the world to see!

It's only one week until CHA!!! My projects are in California to be displayed with all the Amazing Mold Putty Design Team in Booth #2252. If you will be at CHA - please drop by and see our creations in person. I will be there Sunday and Monday - if you want to meetup - please message me on Facebook {CLICK HERE to go to my profile}. I want to meet with all of my crafty friends that I can! I will be giving CHA sneek peeks of my projects that will be featured over the next 10 days.

I have some extra projects coming up this week. Tomorrow, Jan. 20th, I have a guest post over at the Amazing Mold Putty Blog; and my second installment of Terri Sproul's 2012 Festive Friday Bloghop will be Friday, Jan. 27th. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
: ) Sb

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin