Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Easy Festive Recycled Holiday Packaging decorated using Unscripted Sketches #155

I started out with these things...

and turned them into this lovely upcycled gift box!


Here's my creation for today's Unscripted Sketches #155! Since it's Earth Day tomorrow, there's also a piggyback challenge to use something recycled this week. I used several things that were salvaged from the recycling bin. First a press and seal corrugated package I received a book in from Amazon, a section of some crumpled up Christmas wrapping paper and a bar code tag that was on a something at Christmastime. C'mon...admit it. I know I'm not the only one hoarding tags and holiday paper scraps. 

I fashioned the corrugated into a gift box top and bottom and fastened corners with staples. Quick and easy. Then I grabbed a section of eyelet lace for the top border and affixed with Miracle tape. I double matted the Santa on green cardstock and some festive green mulberry paper. The finishing touch was adding a satin bow on my recycled tag and this lovely rustic gift box is complete.


This package is ready and waiting for summertime Christmas shopping. Have a great weekend! Please join me again tomorrow in a celebration of EARTH DAY. I am participating in a special Earth Day Bloghop hosted by my super crafty pal Leslie Rahye : )


What is Sketch it Saturdays at Unscripted Sketches? Every Saturday morning a new sketch is posted for the week. Flip the sketch, rotate it… create a card, a scrapbook page, a wall hanging, digital, paper, fabric, paint, anything your imagination comes up with! There is no right or wrong way, as long as you are using the Unscripted sketch as the inspiration for your creation! And everyone is invited to join in the fun...and post your creation on their page for all the world to see!

*************

On May 5th I will be having my online "LIVE" debut on the Odd Show National Scrapbook Day Live Extravaganza. There is a Cricut Expression 2 being given away at the event - this is a fundraising raffle for the Charity Wings organization. Prize will be shipped internationally. Click HERE to get your tickets before they are gone! Just $5 gets you three chances to win and all proceeds go to charity...a WIN - WIN for you and for Charity Wings!

2 comments:

  1. This is so fun... but I miss the grinch ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch, and a good idea

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin