Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Adding Accents and Dimension to Vintage Images - Featured Project at Sakura Hobby Crafts


Happy Wednesday! Today I have a featured project over at the Sakura Hobby Craft Blog. I am adding accents and dimension to a vintage Holiday image using Sakura 3D Crystal Lacquer and Terri Sproul Mixers via a VIDEO how-to.


I purchased a digital vintage Christmas image {AP single 601} of a holiday storefront window from AlteredPages.com. I printed out four copies onto a matte finish white cardstock - enough so that I can accent the and dimensionalize the base layer, and accent other sections and figures that I will cut out and raise on multiple layers with pop dots for a faux 3-D effect.



With this image, I show how-to accent the details using different colors of Terri Sproul Mixers. I also make the window dimensional using Sakura 3D Crystal Lacquer and streaks of blue colored Crystal Lacquer to simulate glass.

This project has gone from subtle and flat to luxurious and dimensional. I originally planned to use this as a feature element for a holiday card - but now I think it will have to become a shadow box to be put out with the Christmas decorations for years to come.

Please watch the following video to see my process {you may want to grab a snack and a drink now}. CLICK HERE to go to see the video! Have a wonderful Wednesday : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin