Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Monday, May 28, 2012

Celebrating and Remembering our Heroes on this Memorial Day

On this Memorial Day Weekend - My thoughts and Prayers go out to all Service Men and Women...past and present and to their families and loved ones. I also take this time to remember my Grandfather who served in the Coast Guard, my Father, the Navy, and my youngest sister Andrea, PFC Harden, who currently serves in the Army National Guard with the 29th BSB and is scheduled to be deployed to Afghanistan in 2013. Her husband is SSG with the 25th ID and just returned from his deployment to Afghanistan. 

This photo from their Welcome Home Ball at the end of April. 
They are such a charming couple, aren't they.


This quote is pertinent today as is describes not only our service men and women, but their families, too. "Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perserverance". This quote was typed on a piece of white paper and taped to a column in my sisters' barracks when I attended her boot camp at Fort Jackson, S.C. several years ago. This describes so simply how we meet our many challenges in life. As artists - we preservere in creating...it's an ongoing process.

That being said I hope you are enjoying your holiday weekend. I've been getting some crafting done and today I have a "Star Spangled" project featured over at the Amazing Mold Putty Blog using Amazing Crafting Products by Alumilite Corp. 


I have created some star shaped magnets that were super easy to make using a star shaped ice cube tray and Amazing Casting Resin colored with various Alumilite Metallic Powders. And I also have a  special Amazing Crafting Products coupon for you too! CLICK HERE to view this fun project! Have a wonderful day : ) Sb

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin