Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Monday, September 24, 2012

Sugar of Lead is POISON! Viva Las Vegastamps! Halloween Party - Day 2

To review my "TEXTURE" challenge post for "ANYTHING BUT A CARD" please CLICK HERE.


Welcome to Day Two of the Viva Las VegaStamps! Design Team's Halloween party that goes everyday through September 29th. There is a prize for those who leave comments on every post on each stop of the hop, too! I will giveaway a fabulous blog candy prize at the end of the hop drawn from all new followers of my blog.


We've got a full week of HALLOWEEN inspiration, blogs, prizes, contests and - each day will feature a different way to be entered to win a prize. So plan to drop by every day for your chance to win.

This spooky card heeds warning of "Halloween Future".


I took a scrap of bright yellow cardstock stamped the "Poison" stamp repeatedly in rows, filling the entire sheet. I crumped it up, flattened out and inked with Old Paper and Weathered Wood Distress Inks. Then I cut the paper in to strips to mimic police line tape and adhered to a black cardstock base with miracle tape. This looked fantastic the way it was...but I wanted to add more. I stamped the bottle, tombstone with pumpkin and sugar of lead label on varying colors of tan paper and added color with my Ranger Distress Markers applied with a water brush. I grounded the bottle with a strip of scrap of paper I had painted with punchinella. I finished off the bottle with Sakura 3D Crystal Lacquer to give the bottle a glass feel. This card is eerie with a vintage flair.

**TODAY'S GAME - PLAY to WIN** Create a brand new VLVS! inspired Halloween project and link up! Deadline: Friday the 28th at midnight. CLICK HERE to visit VLVS! Halloween stamps and HERE to go to VLVS! on Facebook.


All stamps used in this project come from Plate #1433.
CLICK HERE to visit Viva Las Vegastamps! online store.

**************
Please click the names below to jump to all the stops on the hop.  




So excited for day three...see you tomorrow! : ) Sb

15 comments:

  1. creepy(in a good way) card Susan, love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, now I'm scared!!! I so adore the poison strips like police tape and how you colored the poison bottle!!! Gave me some ideas...I did the bottle on another day but gave it more subtle look. See you teach me every day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poison is the word of the day! Great work!!!TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the "Poison Tape" it's pretty spot on! I knew what it was BEFORE I read the description ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! I am a new follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card with a lot of fun techniques!!!! I really like your poison "tape"!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS. Started following your blog via email.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin