Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Merry Christmas with Fresh Falling Snow...
Card using Unscripted Sketches #182



WOW! This week really flew by...especially with the winds of Tropical Storm Sandy! Welcome to Sketch-It Saturday with Unscripted Sketches!!! Today debuts a new sketch #182 and I'm bringing you another...can you guess...Christmas card!

This is a quick and easy card using my punches and leftovers from other projects. I have these green tree shapes leftover from handmade ornaments made for my grandmother that originated from a large sheet of green collaged and painted watercolor paper. I layered these onto a background paper that is My Mind's Eye. To add to the scene I punched out some various snowflakes - these went perfect with the patterned paper. I finished this off with "Merry Christmas" sentiment that is Cosmo Cricket and a couple of sparkly star stickers. I inked the edges of the card with "Iced Spruce" Distress Ink to accent the blustery, snowy feel. Another lovely card using my scraps :)


What is Sketch it Saturdays at Unscripted Sketches? Every Saturday morning a new sketch is posted for the week. Flip the sketch, rotate it… create a card, a scrapbook page, a wall hanging, digital, paper, fabric, paint, anything your imagination comes up with! There is no right or wrong way, as long as you are using the Unscripted sketch as the inspiration for your creation! And everyone is invited to join in the fun...and post your creation on their page for all the world to see!

Thanks for stopping by - hope you have a wonderfully creative weekend! 
 : ) Sb

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card! I love the look of texture on the trees and they look fabulous with the snowflake background!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin