Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Friday, December 14, 2012

December Daily Spindle...the Beginning of a Holiday Tradition


Happy Friday! With just a little more than a week to go until Christmas, I'm going to be sharing my December Daily Altered Holiday Card Spindle project in several posts over the next week.  


My December Daily Spindle project is a LABOR of LOVE and will comprise a collection of Christmas' past, present and future. This has been a project I have been dreaming about for years and this year I have finally begun to tackle it. Each year, I have been methodically saving and stashing my Christmas cards - many with envelopes, too {this helps me remember the year}. 

One thing I will say... this project would not have been possible without the coordinating hand slot punch made for the 7 gypsies spindles. I have all three 7 gypsies spindles and this punch has helped tremendously.


This all started with my 7 Gypsies Revolving Clear Stamp Holder that has been saved for this memory project - an Altered Christmas Card spindle. Gathered all my saved Christmas cards from over the years {and this project needs a LOT of them}, the December Daily stamp plate from Viva Las VegaStamps!, recycled 6x9 envelopes for making pocket pages, tag/label and various paper punches, black and brown dye inks, miracle tape, and misc holiday patterned paper, ribbons, stickers and ephemera... it's safe to say anything and everything saved for that holiday scrapbook! 


Best part - I travel home to Chicago every other Christmas - so I have tons of photos to put in here also. Since the advent of the iPhone...I have loads of smaller size photos that will be perfect size for this project and this spindle will be the perfect home.

Over the period of several days... a little at a time - I punched tons of cards, envelopes and patterned paper pages {over a hundred to fill this all the way around}. I have plenty of room to grow. I then mounted all into to the spindle along with the 20 vinyl sleeves that came with the spindle that I've reserved these for special cards and photos. 


NOW THE FUN PART! EMBELLISHING!!! I began creating an assortment of embellishments using the VLVS! December Daily Plate #1430 stamps by stamping on assorted patterned and misted papers and tags.


Tags are so much fun, come in all shapes and sizes and are quick and easy to make. Layer patterned paper, stamping and embellishments, then punch around the stamped image. **A TIP** turn your punch upside down so that you can see the item you are punching around for a precision placed cut. 


In no time at all I have a table full of holiday goodness to add to the endless pages of cards and holiday photos. The next post I will share individual altered pages that I've completed from cards that have been arriving this year! 

Thanks for stopping by I hope you have a fantastic weekend planned!!! If you are crafting tomorrow, please join me tomorrow - Dec. 15th at 4:00pm EST {1pm PST} in the Daylight Musings room at the Saturday Crafts Fair on Linqto! I am demonstrating there TODAY and live every Saturday sharing my projects, how-to's, tips, and prizes. Hope to see you there!
 : ) Sb

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin