Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Saturday, February 16, 2013

I Mustache... Have you seen today's Sketch-It Saturday with Unscripted Sketches #198... and a bonus Sketch #197, too!



Happy Saturday! I would like to share my Sketch-It Saturday with Unscripted Sketches project using this week's sketch #198. This is a quick and easy card that I made using some simple color blocked cardstock in a trendy yellow and grey combination embossed with Anna Griffin Cuttlebug embossing folders. I received a new stamp in a delinquent die grab bag from Viva Las VegaStamps! last week - this fun mustache. It's supposed to be completely solid, but I love the defect in the rubber that gives it a faux reflection. I finished off my sentiment with some die cut letters. I cut out the phrase into two flag banners. A fun, trendy and simply stated card - woo-hoo!

What is Sketch it Saturdays at Unscripted Sketches? Every Saturday morning a new sketch is posted for the week. Flip the sketch, rotate it… create a card, a scrapbook page, a wall hanging, digital, paper, fabric, paint, anything your imagination comes up with! There is no right or wrong way, as long as you are using the Unscripted sketch as the inspiration for your creation! And everyone is invited to join in the fun... and post your creation on their page via inlinkz for all the world to see!

Today I'm sharing last week's Unscripted Sketches #197 also!

This week was so crazy busy and I totally forgot to post this - so you get two ways to play today. Using sketch #197, I created this gorgeous Valentine's Day card.


It looks like I spent hours painting this background... right? It took me less than 15 minutes to paint my faux watercolor hearts. REALLY!


For this card I was playing with my new Anna Griffin Cuttlebug embossing folder with coordinating border. I sprayed pink and red mists directly onto embossing folder, inserted a textured creme cardstock and embossed. AMAZING - instant watercolored collaged paper. Then I rubbed embossed areas with a few colors of ColorBox cat's eye pigment ink, added clear embossing powder and heat set. This made the hearts really pop and gave them a nice shimmer glazed look. I repeated with the coordinating border and finished off Sketch #197 with an ornate heart that I cast in Amazing Mold Putty and green colored Sakura Crystal Lacquer. Who wouldn't love this beauty?

* * * * * * *

Thanks for stopping by!!! I hope you have fantastic day with your loved ones. Are you looking for creative playtime and inspiration? TODAY I'm sharing my love for AMAZING MOLD PUTTY and AMAZING CASTING RESIN. Please join me live at 4:00pm EST {1pm PST} in the Daylight Musings room at the Saturday Crafts Fair on Linqto! All are invited to join me every Saturday where I share my projects, how-to's, tips, and more. The event starts TODAY at 3pm EST bringing you three hours of fun - I hope to see you there. 
: ) Sb

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin