Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Sunday, February 24, 2013

It's all in the Cards - Week 2 of Anything But a Card Challenges - Challenge 13 is "Number 13"


Good Sunday Morning!!! Welcome to week two of the current Anything But a Card Challenge... Challenge number 13 - "The Number 13". Are you ready to CREATE and play along! The other day I needed a note pad and I couldn't find one for the life of me... so I MADE ONE - and plan to make more of these since it was so much fun. This is a matchbook style notepad with about 20 sheets of paper stapled within a wraparound cover. I tied off the base with twine to conceal the staples. Beautiful and easy-peasy.


There's two weeks to play along and link up via inlinkz froggy. Anything But a Card Challenges is a bi-weekly challenge and today, the Design Team showcases NEW projects using a brand-new challenge #13 of "The Number 13". Please click here to head on over to ABAC and see all the fantastic projects shared by the fantastic design team AND submissions by all of you. 

REMEMBER this challenge blog is ANYTHING and EVERYTHING... except for Cards. ATC's aren't greeting cards...so please link up your ATC's!!!



Anything But a Card Challenge 13 {wow 13 challenges so far} - since it's the 13th Challenge we want you to think about superstitions, the number 13, magic, luck, bad luck, good luck etc. That's a broad theme, and just make sure to explain in your post what it is if it's not obvious. You could use black cats, ladders, thirteen of something, 13 in the title of a scrapbook page, etc.

This theme has sent me off on a creating tangent, especially with St. Patrick's Day fast approaching. My project I'm sharing today is a mini matchbook style notepad - the cover a completely inked and stamped collage. I love getting all the toys out and just creating at will. The background is stamped using a large harlequin pattern stamp inked with a Ranger Big and Juicy Rainbow ink pad and misted with water. I created several painted paper backgrounds in a about a 1/2 an hour using this technique {some I varied by misting paper and directly pressing ink pad to wet paper - see another example HERE}.


With this broad theme I was thinking about luck which led to gambling and about the randomness of things "being all in the cards", so to speak. And the girl on the tightrope, she's so risky. The images {about 10 stamps total} all melt together in this wonderful collage of color. I hope you like it and find this inspiring. If you would like to know what stamps any of these are, please leave a comment.

Have Fun and Happy Creating!!!


Thanks for stopping by!!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend and have some time to create. A reminder... next weekend debuts a new ABAC Challenge. I'm so lucky that I can share my creations with you here. Are you looking for creative playtime and inspiration on Saturdays? Please join me live at 4:00pm EST {1pm PST} in the Daylight Musings room at the Saturday Crafts Fair on Linqto! Join me every Saturday where I share my projects, how-to's, tips, and more. The weekly event starts at 2pm EST with three hours of fun - I hope to see your there.  : ) Sb

2 comments:

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin