Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Sunday, June 30, 2013

I Love Playing and GETTING MESSY with Mists - Anything But a Card Challenges #22 - Week 2


Good Morning! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend. Today I'm sharing this art journal page that's featured today for week 2 of Challenge #22 "Getting Messy" at  Anything But a Card Challenges. Anything But a Card Challenges is a bi-weekly challenge and today, the other half of our amazing Design Team showcases more Challenge 22 "GETTING MESSY" inspired projects today {CLICK HERE to jump over to ABAC}.



Are you ready to CREATE and play along??? Please click here to link up your creations! You still have a whole week to link up your creations before a new challenge begins on July 7th. REMEMBER this challenge blog is ANYTHING and EVERYTHING... except for Cards. ATC's aren't cards...so please link up your ATC's too!!!


Anything But a Card Challenge 22 is "GETTING MESSY": Anything Goes here - use modeling paste, paint, ink, sprays, Papier-mâché, alcohol inks, etc. Get it all out and just dive in and have FUN! The possibilites are endless and the theme is open.


For this challenge - I got out all of my sprays and started playing - boy are they messy. I had some chipboard pieces I was coloring black and silver metallic mists on top of some freezer paper to protect my counter and get glittery swirly goodness everywhere. I didn't want the beautiful inky swirls to go to waste so I mopped up the glittery goodness with some blank white cardstock. Nothing goes to waste here! This resulted in several interesting graphic black and white backgrounds. I've got about a dozen painted papers to use later.

One in particular had this negative square area left in the center and it was like a large version of one of the banner chipboard shapes I was planning to use. This became the background. I had a scrap piece of blue/green patterned paper {make unknown} that I misted the top edge and printed one of my stash of quotes onto it with my laser printer. Then I set to work on the banner shapes decorating them with various colors and patterns of washi tape {yep, I'm a washi junkie, too}. I ran some stripes of black and white washi tapes across the top to have a place for my banners to hang, and fashioned a faux clothesline out of Mizuhiki paper cord adhered with Diamond Glaze {holding this down to dry was pretty messy also}. I mounted this into my black paper base art quote journal using miracle tape and pearly photo corners.

Supplies: UmWowStudio Layered Banners; white cardstock; patterned paper scrap; photo corners; Mizuhiki paper cord; Washi Tape - K and Company and others; Tim Holtz Ideology Tissue Tapes; Stuart Superior Memories Metallic Mist; Ditto Black Mist; Diamond Glaze; and Miracle Tape from Viva Las VegaStamps!.

Hope your Sunday is fun and creative! I'm visiting my sister and we are headed to StampFest today... should be some inky and messy fun!  Sb :) 

2 comments:

  1. fabulous background and page...love the different elements you combined.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful page and such a great way to use up every inch of the sprays!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin