Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Sunday, September 15, 2013

A "Season of Change" for Week 2 Anything But a Card Challenges No. 27



Happy Sunday! Today begins week 2 of Anything But a Card Challenges #27 "Hit the Books" Theme. To see more fabulous work from my fellow design team members today over at ABAC, CLICK HERE.



I'm always working on some project or another and I wanted to share this mini book I created for the Amazing Crafting Products Creative Team. I needed to create a Fall themed project and since I am a "BOOKWORM", I altered a mini book... complete with an altered domino collaged with hand-painted book pages.






I've created a mold of some vintage dominos and other findings using the new Amazing Mold Rubber


When ever I am doing resin pours, I make up a little extra and pour into my miscellaneous finding molds so I have embellishments ready to alter for any project. CLICK HERE to see how the molds are created.


For this project I altered the domino by collaging painted and stamped book paper to the cast domino. Then I finished it off with May Arts burlap twine.



The "Season of Change" is a perfect sentiment and size to fit my resin domino blank. I painted my already stained book paper with Paper Artsy Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylics in Pumpkin, and when dry, overstamped using StazOn Timber Brown ink.


I collaged directly onto a Maya Road Coffee Break Chipboard Book. Using a cut to size section of Miracle Tape, I adhered a section of this lovely striped NAPKIN that happened to be the perfect fall colors with hints of gold. I layered a torn section of hand-painted crumpled brown paper that looks like faux leather {click here to see how-to}, and woven floral mesh that has strands of gold interwoven. I just love the combination of the layers and textures... they certainly evoke that "FALL" feeling. I finished off with leaf buttons from my stash laced with May Arts natural burlap thread; some mini acorns collected from my driveway when we had a cold snap {during our few days of winter}; gold inked grungeboard letters; and my altered domino sentiment - all adhered down with Diamond Glaze. The spine is covered with a pale olive May Arts braided burlap trim.

My altered Maya Road mini book is ready for the upcoming fall season and I can use it to gather pictures and other momentos from the "SEASON OF CHANGE"... including Thanksgiving {my annual birthday celebration}.

•••••••••••

Supplies used: Studio G Stamps VS4911 Series 17; Miracle Tape; StazOn Timber Brown Ink; Maya Road Coffee Break Chipboard Book; T!m Holtz Idea-ology Grungeboard Mixed Minis; mini acorns from yard; leaf buttons; resin domino blank from Amazing Mold Rubber and Amazing Casting ResinPaper Artsy Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylics in Pumpkin; Fall colored striped napkin; faux leather brown paper; decorative floral mesh; Antique Gold DewDrops Ink; Diamond Glaze; various May Arts burlap trims.

I hope you will find some creative time to make some BOOK ART of your own. Have a great Sunday!!!  Sb

1 comment:

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin