Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Sunday, September 22, 2013

"VISION is Greater than Baggage..." Altered Book Pages for Week 3 of Anything But a Card Challenges No. 27



Happy Sunday! Today begins the THIRD and final week of Anything But a Card Challenges #27 "Hit the Books" Theme. To see more fabulous work from my fellow design team members today over at ABAC, CLICK HERE.



I have a very hectic day job which leaves me little time to create - and that time is even less after creative team commitments are done. This is where I reserve a special book, just for me... where I can create and paint freely. My altered book spread I'm sharing today is from this book.


The page features a quote that was actually part of the book I've altered and it was the inspiration for this spread. Layers of torn magazine pages, found objects and sponge stamped texture tie the scene together.


"Vision is greater than baggage...." Quote is embossed onto cardstock with my Dymo hand labeler and then inked, painted and attached with mini brads. If you cut strips of paper the width of the labels you can stamp words into whatever color paper you desire.


I make my acrylic paint translucent with Golden Acrylic Glazing Medium, which gives lovely painted layered effects without using water.


I add hand drawn details in using my favorite Caran D'Ache watercolor crayons which can be used as a pastel, or like a paint by adding water with a brush to blend out areas.


Thanks for dropping by to visit. I hope you will find some creative time to make some BOOK ART of your own. Have a great Sunday!!! Sb

5 comments:

  1. you may get this comment twice, but I love this page! The colors, layers and feel of it are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The complexity of your page Susan is fabulous. It all works in perfect harmony and has me as the viewer going back again to seek what I missed the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I agree with Julie, had to go back and look again. The texture is so deep on this and I LOVE the tip about feeding paper through the label maker! Gotta try that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! And so much to love! I'll be coming back to this one!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin