Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Thursday, October 24, 2013

All Dolled Up for the Halloween Ball... and for the May Arts Halloween Craft Challenge


Happy Thursday! I can't believe Halloween is just a week away... but this Ghoulish Gal is ready to par-tay wearing this fanciful witches hat complete with matching handbag. 


These creations were inspired by the May Arts Halloween Craft Challenge and I was one of the twenty selected participants provided with May Arts Ribbon to create with using this inspiration...


You know me I love a good challenge and I love to greencraft whenever possible. I set off to gather up some goodies in my stash to add to the five gorgeous ribbons sent to me by the Bethney {a.k.a. the Ribbon Lady} at May Arts Ribbon. I received a generous amount of each of these to create with {except for the black burlap twine}.


I've been in a streak of purple projects lately and this one was no exception because I have a bag of scraps containing many off-cut strips of purple organza waiting for the perfect project to be utilized. Well this Halloween Craft Challenge was it!


I first began with the purse which started out as an empty recycled vinyl tote - you know the ones that contain gifts of lotions and potions and other tasty goodness around the holidays... I save these for repurposing for crafty projects.


I am all about the details and these beautiful May Arts Ribbon are full of it. I layered three of the ribbons using stitch witchery {iron-on fusible webbing} to create the strap which wraps all the way around the vinyl purse structure.


I put the layered side of the ribbon down which can be seen on the inside and also is a nice detail and contrast on the inside of the handle.


The side of the handle is tied off with the black crinkle satin and accented with some blinged up party favors. 


My favorite part is the skeleton hand that looks like its crawling through the spider web ruffles on the front. Some purple organza tucked inside to conceal the contents and this purse is complete.


The hat is made from a recycled piece of black canson paper that had something I started drawing on it... so long ago that I can't even recall what it was. So a witch hat base it became! I adhered the purple organza to the top and to the brim them began adding the spider web ruffles and the layered ribbon around as a belt with a buckle from my notions box. I twisted and coiled the black satin crinkle around the cone with gives a playful twist. With my strappy purple satin heels, little black dress and purple spiderwebbed cape... this duo completes my Halloween party attire.

Please take time to jump over to the May Arts Ribbon blog to see all the entries for the Halloween Craft Challenge. CLICK HERE to go there and make sure to leave a comment to vote for your favorite and you could win some May Arts Ribbon!

Thanks for visiting! What are you creating today??? :) Sb

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin