Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Monday, July 7, 2014

WHOvian #Cre8time Celebration... for the Designer Crafts Connection July Bloghop



Welcome! It's the first Monday of July which marks the monthly Designer Crafts Connection Bloghop. This is my first time participating... and I'm so very excited to be a part of this wonderful group! This month's theme is "Party Décor" and I have a special project I'm working on... I'm making a handmade WHOvian themed party for the premiere of the new Doctor Who season on August 23rd. There are so many things I want to make, I will be sharing several of them throughout the week. I will share food related goodies closer to the event next month.


Using a handful of supplies, I have created some fun WHOvian themed cutlery pockets. Supplies used: bowtie stamp; burgundy pigment ink and embossing powder; red cardstock; heat gun; scissors; buttons; grey marker; cutlery and napkins from Dollar Tree; Herma Dotto adhesive; color copies of plaid fabric; and mini kraft treat bags.


To start, I glued the bag flaps closed using
my Herma Dotto adhesive runner.


I cut up sections of a recycled security tint envelope into four equal sections to mimick a shirt fabric. The patterns and colors of security tint envelopes are wonderful and I love using them for crafty projects. This blue one is perfect for the Raggety Man's dress shirt.


Using mini guillotine cutter, I trimmed three sides squared to match edges of bag - and cut the inside edge slightly curved with scissors for a natural shape.


I layered two more shapes {eyeballed size/shape to fit} to create a faux lapel and complete the jacket look. I rubbed all the white paper edges with chalk ink to blend with the kraft treat bag.


Any overhang off the top of the bag was trimmed
flush after everything was adhered.


I ran the Herma Dotto adhesive to seal up the sides of the bags to make a pocket and give a snug fit to hold the napkin and cutlery.


I have a set of WHOvian themed stamps {from Viva Las VegaStamps!}, one being a bow-tie. The size of the tie is the perfect size/scale for my handmade WHOvian cutlery pockets.


Using a Royal Burgundy Memories Pigment Ink,
I stamped the bow-tie onto red cardstock. 


While still wet, I poured over Ultra High Gloss Clear Embossing Powder {from Viva Las VegaStamps!} and then heat set to see the magic happen. I repeated this to make four bowties - one for each set of cutlery.


The deep red ink on the bright red cardstock
is the perfect contrast and just 'POPs'.


I fussy cut the ties out for application on my suited cutlery pockets. The finishing touch is a couple real buttons from my stash and a some hand drawn details with a grey marker.


I have so many items to prepare for my premiere party on August 23rd. Please drop by  often this week to see additional projects with WHOvian flair!

Be sure to come back on the July 13th for a blog hop promoting Burlap Fabric. Burlap is so popular in crafts and decorating and we will be sharing some wonderful ideas and projects using it... there will also be a giveaway too!

Thanks for visiting. Continue on the Designer Crafts Connection "Party Décor" Bloghop by selecting hop back/forward on the logo below.
Sb :)



Designer Craft Connection

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to the ring, Susan! Your project is adorable! Especially love the bow tie. Great Job!
    -Suzann Sladcik Wilson

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE!!!!!! (Yep, we're pretty Who-y around here.)

    Ummm, I wanna come to your party . . .

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! The bowties look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulously fun! TFS the tutorial, too. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin