Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Sunday, March 2, 2014

No Need to SPARKLE... but I Will for Anything But a Card Challenges No. 33



Good Morning Everyone! Did you hear that it's National Craft Month and I'm happy to report that this is project # two for the month. I've been dabbling here and there and now I'm back to creative overload - my muse has awaken from her slumber.

It's a new month and a new challenge Number 33 beginning at Anything But a Card Challenges. CLICK HERE to check out the other design team projects today for some amazing inspiration!
 



The new Challenge... Anything But a Card Challenge #33 - the word "SPARKLE"!! What does the word sparkle represents to you? Sparkle can be a personality trait, or a physical appearance, or an attitude. You could be inspired with the written definition; go with a passage from a book or poem - or even quote a song... and of course we include going crazy with bling!


* * * * * * * * * * * *
 
sparkle
ˈspɑːk(ə)l/
verb
verb: sparkle; 3rd person present: sparkles; past tense: sparkled; past participle: sparkled; gerund or present participle: sparkling.

1. shine brightly with flashes of light.
"her earrings sparkled as she turned her head"
synonyms: glitter, glint, glisten, twinkle, flicker, flash, blink, wink, shimmer, dance, shine, gleam, glow;

2. be vivacious and witty.
"after a glass of wine, she began to sparkle"
synonyms: be lively, be vivacious, be animated, be ebullient, be exuberant, be bubbly, be effervescent, be sparkling, be witty, be brilliant, be enthusiastic, be full of life, brilliant, dazzling, scintillating, coruscating, exciting, exhilarating, stimulating, invigorating, vivacious, effervescent, lively, vibrant, animated, ebullient, bright, witty, clever.
"a sparkling performance"
antonyms: boring, dull, pedestrian { these don't sound too sparkly ;) }


* * * * * * * * * * * *
 
Please share any current project you have created and JUST REMEMBER... create anything EXCEPT a card for this challenge. Please mention and LINK BACK to this challenge. ALSO - Please new projects only {no-backlinking}. :)

**A REMINDER** This Challenge will go through midnight March 22nd giving you 3 weeks to play along and ENJOY the creative process! We will share more of our Design Team's creations each Sunday to keep you inspired.



I'm determined to use my stash and this challenge sent me on the hunt. I have a stack of My Minds Eye glittered Christmas paper - many patterns are in traditional Christmas colors, but have patterns that could be used for anything. This floral background is the one I settled on. I had this section of embroidered tulle - it was shimmery with just a little bit of sparkle... a perfect element to give some "POP" to my background garden. I cut the embroidered parts out of the tulle and glued it to my page using Aleene's Fabric Adhesive.

After stamping my quote onto my background paper, I added some detailing with Sakura Gelli Stardust Pens {more sparkle}, and inked the edges. I generously applied glue stick to the back and adhered into my black-paged Art Quote Journal. I finished around the edges with a rubbing of black shimmery dew drop ink and also a smudging of black gelato. 


A "SPARKLE" of Inspiration...


I'm so happy how this page come out and the quote is so motivational. Who'd have thought it all started from a piece of patterned Christmas paper!

Thanks for stopping by and have a fantastic day!  :) Sb

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin