Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Anybody Seen an ELF... Anything But a Card Challenges No. 41 "ANYTHING GOES"



Good Morning Everyone! The holiday season is fast approaching and I haven't begun my handmade holiday cards and gifts... how about you??!

Today begins week number 3 of Challenge No. 41 at Anything But a Card Challenges! If you missed the amazing creations by our team of designers when ANYTHING GOESCLICK HERE to view week one designers, CLICK HERE to view week 2 designers.


The current Challenge... is OPEN! We all love a good prompt to inspire us and let us stretch our creative muscle. With the holiday season fast approaching... we want to see what you're creating! For Anything But a Card Challenges No. 41 is ANYTHING GOES. Share you're creations, whatever it may be... scrapbooking, collage, ATCs, tags, art journal pages, altered shrines... whatever tickles your muse and her fancy!

* * * * * * * * * *

Prior to Halloween I received some Smoothfoam doll heads for a creepy project... then one day strolling Pinterest, I found myself swimming in Christmas pins and how people creatively prank with these mischievous elves. Since then visions of sugarplums have been dancing in my head and designs on making my very own "Elf on the Shelf" sitter.


You know one of these... I had to go to an actual Hallmark Store yesterday {a rare occasion} and I spied a real one in the window...

 


I've never seen one of these in person, only all the photos online - and I'm glad I saw it after completing my HANDMADE version because I'm so proud of myself!! My little elf is more than twice as large as the name brand... and I think so much cuter, too!


This project was a labor of love and at each step I was totally consumed in the process. Please CLICK HERE to view more details. I think I will make a little skirt for my scout later, but for now I'm totally loving her creeping me out sitting next to the TV.


My Handmade "SCOUT" Elf is
already getting into mischief!

Supplies used: Poly-fil Poly-Pellets Stuffing BeadsCrafter's Choice Dry Polyester Fiberfill, and oly*fun™ - all from Fairfield World. Other supplies used: Smoothfoam baby headSuper Sculpey polymer clay; Faber-Castell Gelatos; Faber-Castell PITT pens; Faber-Castell Gesso; Sewing Machine; Water Brush; Tonic Scissors and Beacon Fabri-Tac Adhesive.

* * * * * * * * * *

Thanks so much for visiting! I hope you'll join in and play along with me at Anything But a Card Challenges. I look forward to seeing your creations. Sb :)

7 comments:

  1. Yes your elf is really cute! What a fun idea . . . shall we follow her mischief?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Susan, such a lovely elf, the original can only hide behind your version!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute and yes looks all mischievous! Love the idea of an elf on the shelf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Susan! I love his early mischievous look! Great idea x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job creating your own cute, mischievous elf ! I had an elf as a child that looked just like these, loved playing around with posing it every Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan this little elf is by far cuter than the original... wow the hair made from sculpty looks great.. and what a wonderful job you did on the face !!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin