Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Bursts of Color Light up the #Cre8time Sky



Hello Everyone... WE are just over two weeks until the new year - I cannot believe how fast 2014 has flown by. This month's challenge theme is "FIREWORKS" for the Reader's Art Quest at Unruly Paper Arts and is perfect for getting ready for the shiny new year. I have created a painting using a myriad of supplies that I haven't used in ages and just had fun with the inspiration provided.


The Unruly Paper Arts Reader's Art Quest "FIREWORKS Inspiration photo and color palette, are full of bright bursts of color much like you see when fireworks light up the night sky.

 

I came across a stash of some old 16x20 illustration boards that were screaming for some attention. I turned on some tunes and just threw some inks and paint and made the colors fly. I added more details with markers and colored pencils.


The brush nibs of the markers and texture of the colored pencil strokes are a nice contrast to the drips and splatters - all reminiscent of a sky aglow with bursts of light.

I hope you enjoyed my project and that you are inspired to join us in this month's Reader's Art Quest. I would love to see what you create. Please leave me a comment with your link.

Happy Creating! Wishing you all a wonderful Sunday too! :) Sb

1 comment:

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin