Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

#Cre8time gets a Vintage Makeover... Dollar Tree Frame REDUX



Welcome to my stop on the Viva Las VegaStamps! and WOW! Embossing Powder week of inspiration... two product lines that are a match made in creative heaven. I'm so excited to WOW and AMAZE you with my project today - using two stamps and two embossing powders, and a few staples from my crafty stash.


So you don't miss anything,
please be sure you check out these links:


Shop • Blog • Facebook

For 
Viva Las VegaStamps! :
Shop • Blog • Facebook



Today I'm sharing a dollar store REDUX project... a $1 framed mirror RE-Imagined into a vintage boudoir tray! I was excited to find a 5x7 beaded trim frame with a glass mirror at the Dollar Tree - the perfect item to alter with stamps and some embossed goodness.

The frame was a black matte finish with a dotted gold beading on the inner edge... but not for long! 


I mount my Celtic Cross stamp to an acrylic block that is very close in size and inked up with black Versafine pigment ink. I stamped once at a diagonal and continued stamping to create a pattern - reinking the stamp after each impression.


This took a bit of time and patience... and a few wipe offs with alcohol and starting again. The resulting decorative pattern using just one stamp is stunning and worth the time invested!


Once the Celtic Cross pattern was completely stamped, I completely covered with WOW! Verdigris WL05 embossing powder and tapped away excess.


There was a lot of powder clinging to non-inked areas due to static cling so I blew away as much as possible using a thin straw. Then I gently heat set - careful not to overheat, as I was concerned that the glass might break.


Ooh-la-la!!! This looks so amazing! The embossed mirror now has this gorgeous pattern with a distressed patina. The brand new mirror looks like it's been around for years.


Now this frame needs some attention too. Working on one side of frame at a time, I inked the Charred Wood Background stamp with black Versafine pigment ink and pressed onto the frame - bending the stamp around edge to give imprint on front and side; overlapping and continuing stamping down entire side. This is a large stamp so I could add texture to the entire side with just one inking by moving stamp and impressing a different area until entire surface is covered to my liking.


The WOW! Embossing Powder comes in cute little tiny containers that make precise application easy. I cover the stamped area with WOW! Clear Semi Dull WA03, tap off excess and heat set. Then pour back into container and move on to repeating process on next side of frame.


Now this plain jane frame has some wood grain texture!


I finish off the frame with a daubing of Ranger Distress Paints in a few coordinating colors, then rubbed into the faux woodgrain texture to bring out the detail and give some color.


I give my metal brads and recycled hardware a matching kiss of the same coloring, then pounce the metal recycled hardware into the ink, then the WOW! Verdigris WL05 embossing powder.


When heat set, the hardware now has the same gorgeous distressed patina as the mirror. I mount them with some E6000® adhesive and mount some recycled glass floral beads for feet on the bottom. This transformation is complete!



Now this frame is ready for the dressing table... the perfect touch of girlie vintage grunge! I can't believe I stamped this!!!

• • • • • • • • • • • • •

SUPPLIES: From Viva Las VegaStampsCharred Wood Background #16387 and Celtic Cross #7958 stampsFrom WOW! Embossing PowderVerdigris WL05 and Clear Semi Dull WA03. Other Supplies: Mirrored Frame from Dollar Tree; black Versafine pigment ink; heat gun; thin drinking straw; recycled metal hardware; brads; E6000® adhesive; recycled glass floral beads; paper towel and Ranger Distress Paints.

• • • • • • • • • • • • •

Thanks so much for dropping by! Don't forget to check out the other works during this week of inspiration from the VLVS! and WOW! Embossing Powder teams... if you visit each blog stop each day and leave a comment, there is blog candy to be won.

I'm going to link up and enter this in the Craft Stamper Magazine "Take It Make It" July Challenge and also to the current Anything But a Card Challenges "Vintage + Recycling" Mini ChallengeHappy Stamping!  :) Sb

7 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. A lot of work but well-worth the effort.
    I've not tried to emboss on glass. Will be careful if I do.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. great transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome, really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a brilliant idea and gorgeous, elegant realization. Thank you for joining us at the Craft Stamper Challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This certainly has the WOW! factor .... great piece of re-cycling. Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge .... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy you're with us in the TIMI challenge from the Craft Stamper. Gorgeous project!
    xxx Ellie Knol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty project! Looks lovely with all your bottles standing on it. Thanks for playing along at Craft Stamper :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin