Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Santa's Walking in a Winter Wonderland for Week 3 of Anything But a Card Challenges #29



Good Morning Everyone! It's week 3 of our current challenge number 29 - the third and final week to create and share. CLICK HERE to jump over to the challenge intro and where to LINK UP your creations. CLICK HERE to check out the other design team projects today for some amazing inspiration!


The current Challenge... Anything But a Card Challenge #29 - Fall into Fall! School is in Full Swing and Indian Summer has faded - this challenge is open theme - Please share any current project you have created, and if it's FALL themed that's perfectly OK, too! JUST REMEMBER... create anything EXCEPT a card for this challenge. ALSO - Please new projects only {no-backlinking}. :)

**A REMINDER** This Challenge will go through midnight Nov. 23rd... giving you 3 weeks to play along and ENJOY the creative process! There's still a week left on this challenge – I hope you a chance to squeeze in some Cre8tive playtime.

I created this winter wonderland tag using the same techniques as my Halloween Tag from a few weeks ago... just using a different a color scheme and elements... and of course I had to use some Amazing Mold Putty too! Below you can see how I molded this frame using one of my Viva Las VegaStamps!




I needed a frame I didn't have one on hand... BUT... I do have a Viva Las VegaStamps! lacy oval frame stamp (Doily #18849) that would be perfect. So I'm got out my Amazing Mold Putty and made a border mold with my stamp.

 

**WARNING**

You need to thoroughly cover your stamp with petroleum jelly to protect your stamp - the rubber of the stamps and Amazing Mold Putty touching are reactive with each other. Watch closely and limit the time of stamp in contact with mold putty and remove it as soon as curing is completed.




As you can see here with stamp removed from mold. Some of the Amazing Mold Putty has stuck to stamp, which I cleaned off with soap and water immediately so the detail of my stamp is not clogged up and to stop any reaction the two compounds may have.




Now with a mold of my decorative border stamp - I filled it with Creative Paperclay® and let it cure. When paperclay is dried I inked and covered with Ranger Embossing Ink and heat embossable glue powder; then dredged in Antique Linen Distress Glitter. I went back with Vintage Photo and Broken China Distress Inks to add some depth and color to the edges.



Welcome to a Winter Wonderland...



Layered on a collaged background using several of Viva Las VegaStamps! images; stamped glittered snowflakes and matching icicle chipboard... all tied off on top with a sheer organza ribbon hanger! I really love mixing up the monthly T!m Tags with my own stash of goodies - the possibilities are endless and LOVELY!

Thanks for stopping by and have a fantastic day! :) Sb

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulously cool technique creating that frame - I'm off to Google the Mold Putty immediately!

    Gorgeous Christmassy tag - such glamorous sparkle and the stamping is terrific. So nice to finally have time to join in again at ABAC after all these weeks...
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this interesting technique - as long as you are careful imagine the beautiful embellishments, like yours Susan that you could make! I love the vintage warmth of your piece.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin