Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Revisiting #Cre8time Haunts for #ThrowbackThursday


With Halloween just around the corner - I am re-sharing a quick and easy jewelry piece I created using Amazing Mold Putty and cast in Amazing Casting Resin!

I have this Halloween tombstone decor I picked up at the Dollar Tree a while back. It's a nice size and it has a cool spooky skull detail on the front. I thought this would make a great pendant to wear for the Halloween season. I also wanted to show you in REAL-TIME {un-edited} how I created the mold and casting of my spooky jewels.



PART ONE...
Creating the skull pendant centerpiece.
Please CLICK HERE if you have trouble viewing.


PART TWO...
Creating the outer border mold for pendant.
Please CLICK HERE if you have trouble viewing.




PART THREE...
Demolding each part and then creating composite mold.
Please CLICK HERE if you have trouble viewing video.



PART FOUR...
Final composite mold and pendant cast in Amazing Casting Resin with Alumilite Violet Dye and Alumilite Gun Metal Metallic PowderPlease CLICK HERE if you have trouble viewing video.


I took a worn emory board and sanded away some areas to let the gorgeous purple resin peek through the distressed metallic finish. To complete - I drilled a small hole and wire wrapped a small hanger with a bead finding, and strung on a ready made Darice Necklace cord... this beauty is "READY to WEAR"!


What Halloween goodness are you making in your Cre8time today?

Thanks for stopping by - have a great evening! :) Sb

1 comment:

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin