Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

FALL... the SEASON of #Cre8time! Unruly PaperArts October Readers Art Quest Challenge



Hello Everyone... I can't believe it's October already and FALL is arriving in some places {though it's still summer where I am}! It's a new month which brings a new Reader's Art Quest at Unruly Paper Arts. This month's challenge theme is "Harvest Bounty" which is perfect way to spend a little #Cre8time getting in the spirit of the season! I love the colors of fall - and creating using the burnt oranges, reds and browns of the season... that welcomes us to Halloween, then my FAVORITE holiday of the year... TURKEY DAY!!!


The Unruly Paper Arts Reader's Art Quest "Harvest Bounty" Inspiration photo and color palette, are perfect for some handmade cards for Giving Thanks at Thanksgiving. I'm totally ready for some pumpkin pie now!

 

Since my "Gotta Dash" Project for last month's Unruly PaperArts Blogozine, I have sort of been on a CAS bender. I'm loving using up scraps of this and that, stamping a bit, coloring a bit and getting it done NOW! This festive card features one of my favorite Scribble Girl stamps** painted with markers applied using a water brush. This month's Unruly PaperArts issue is "Painted Perfection" so the watercolor effect adds a painterly touch to make the stamped image shine. I had just enough of my base paper and patterned paper to make a handful of these all in one sitting. To mimick the script in the patterned paper, I stamped a script stamp in brown ink on the solid cardstock - giving me a quick and easy DIY patterned paper that gives a little interest,though subtle. I even saved time of fussing over tearing edges by using my Fiskars Deckle edge scissors... snip snip and a perfect torn edge every time.

If you have a quick minute, scroll down or CLICK HERE to jump to my post from yesterday which uses a few other of my scribble girl stamps** in another fall creation.
I hope you enjoyed my project and that you are inspired to join us in this month's Reader's Art Quest. I would love to see what you create. Please leave me a comment with your link.

Happy Creating! Crossing my fingers that the weather man comes through on his prediction of a cold front coming way South this weekend... YAY! :) Sb

**The stamps I refer to as SCRIBBLE GIRLS are from the American Art Stamp - Karen Stolper "Stick Chic" line. This line seems to have been discontinued as I am unable to find a source to link up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin