Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Thursday, June 25, 2015

#Cre8time brings Superpowers... Steampunk Magneto Bangle


Hello Everyone! Today I have a new upcycled tape spool project to share... and this one is not only FUNctional - but it's totally Steampunk, too!



I'm forever squirreling away empty tape spools to use for crafty projects, and my Cre8time led me to my latest, and possibly greatest bangle. Made of a few stash items and magnetic craft sheets... this came together in a snap and it's not only fashionable, it's MAGNETIC. 




No more tiny metal brads or pins all over
the place - they will now stay put.


This was quick and easy to make. I cut a section out of the tape spool and rounded the edges, then covered the entire thing with sections of aluminum tape. I burnished everything down real good with a bone folder then set off embellishing. I cut a section of magnetic sheet to fit and ran through a Cuttlebug diamondplate embossing folder {yes - I squealed with joy}. I wrapped around metal tape bangle and tacked down with some double-sided tape. 


Using my Crop-a-Dile I punched some holes, set eyelets and affixed some gears and swirly paperclips with screw brads. I covered up the exposed brad wings on the inside with more aluminum tape to secure and to finish it off.


I'm ready to create... with my new magneto superpowers!!!


The Deflecto Craft Magnetic Sheets couldn't be more fun! They come in a package of three 8" x 15" sheets, with a white backing. These white magnetic sheets can be painted or papered, embellished or customized to any project. Thin enough to cuts easily with scissors, craft knives and die cuts... even emboss. Let your Cre8time get magnetically charged! 


How would you create with Deflecto Craft Magnetic Sheets?

Thanks for visiting! CLICK HERE to jump over to the Deflecto Craft Facebook Page or Deflecto on Pinterest to see more of the teams creations.  :) Sb



For more information on the Deflecto line of products,

2 comments:

  1. This is such a clever and fun idea, Susan. TFS I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wowzers! Just became a follower because I love this piece! So very creative and brilliant! Wowzers and Wowzers!!!! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin