Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Monday, August 3, 2015

#Cre8time Life Loves a Box of reNEWed Crayons...



Welcome! It's the first Monday of August an it's time for a new Designer Crafts Connection Bloghop. This month's theme is "Crafting with Back to School Supplies". Crafting with school supplies - who can resist?!! Even though I'm out of school, I still enjoy getting a new box of crayons, and fun colorful pens with a new composition book to doodle and sketch in.


What could be more fun than breaking into a brand new box of crayons. I remember trying to keep them so nice as long as possible... 


but all too soon they end up this :(...

My box of misfit crayons
are ready to get
a new Cre8time
lease on life!


The solution is so fun and easy - and something that the kids can get involved in {except the melting part}. Create fun shaped molds using Amazing Mold Putty - a 2 part molding putty that is not only food safe, but you can bake in the molds up to 375ºF... WOW! I grabbed an assortment of my stash of fun molds and began filling each with combinations of broken crayons while I heated my toaster oven up to 325ºF {you want to test your oven to see how hot you can safely melt crayons and not burn the wax}. 


You want to line a pan with foil to place the molds on... this does get a bit messy - as careful as I tried to control the mess and spillover, the liquified crayons came alive and liked to travel.


At this temperature, it didn't take very long. I stood at watch adding more wax in some and taking out the completely molds as they were filled. **A NOTE** the Amazing Mold Putty Molds retain the heat for quite a bit - you don't want to pick them up with your fingers or let tiny hands handle these until are completely cooled. When cool to the touch, I transferred the molds to the freezer for about 1/2 hour to fully chill the wax. Then they are ready to pop out! I scraped away any frayed edges with my fingernail and my new FUNtastic crayons are ready to play!



I couldn't resist breaking out my cherished mold of a yellow Peeps chick - it took longer to melt down enough crayons to fill, but he is so A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!


What little girl or teacher wouldn't love a beautiful box of ornate crayons packed in a recycled chocolate box - each crayon cast in a vintage button mold. What fun shaped crayons would you create? CLICK HERE to view all the AMAZING ways you can add Amazing Mold Putty to your Cre8time.

Thanks for visiting. Continue on the Designer Crafts Connection "Crafting with Back to School Supplies" Bloghop by selecting hop back/forward on the logo below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin