Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Saturday, February 6, 2016

#Cre8time Beauty Lies Within... For Love of #MixedMedia Bloghop



Hello friends! Welcome to a special bloghop that I am participating in with a group of my creative pals celebrating "For the Love of Mixed Media". Not only are we sharing our passion for all things mixed media... we have projects with a LOVE theme.

If you arrived here in the middle of the hop, you can CLICK HERE to jump over to Christy Strickler's blog who is our hostess and organizer of this Cre8time adventure and some amazing Valentine's Inspiration!


I haven't been doing so much creating lately, though I'm always up for a good challenge and an opportunity to just dump out some stuff and play. I have been itching to use this shield pendant that has collaged paper with a phrase "beauty lies within" {from a supply goodie box I purchased from my creative friend Catherine Scanlon}. I had plans of making a necklace with it and molded up some items to pair with it... but my muse had other plans. 

I also brought out one of my special stamps that is from a dear friend from my local altered book group who passed on several years ago. Her vast collection of stamps were made available for sale to a special group of creative friends and I have about a dozen of her stamps {one of which is this corkscrew topped lady head}. I like to think that when I use these stamps... my muse and my dear friend are having a Cre8time playdate.


There was a heart collaged in this bezel, though I wanted to use a chipboard piece that was a different size/shape - so I had to tear it out. I brushed the metal frame with some tarnished brass and red distress paint, then lined the inner edge with some mini red sequin trim held in place with Diamond Glaze.


The rest of this came together rather organically as I had to paint a bunch of stuff red in an effort to clean up spilled paint from opening the newest RED distress paint dauber. So my chipboard heart, and grungeboard wings, some book paper and this tag were quickly painted red and tarnished brass. I build up the base of the tag with a torn scrap of an embossed painted paper in my stash, some mini rick-rack, sari ribbon, gold trim and painted lace.


The grungeboard wings are stamped with script text and my lady is stamped onto painted book paper accented with distress markers for a touch of color.


Needless to say I think more color is now on my hands than on anything else - LOL! I added a trimmed off piece of embroidered trim for a necklace... I love when those little scraps find a use while I'm assembling things.


I finished off bodice with a beaded dangle that was in my stash o' findings which was a perfect match for this color palette. I topped off the tag with some sari ribbon, fun fiber and green/red raffia. A work of mixed media love!!!

To visit all the other stops of
"For the Love of Mixed Media" Bloghop...
check out the links below.

Our Hostess - Christy Strickler

Robyn Crowningshield

Tina Walker

Katie Smith

Beth Soler

You are here... Susan M. Brown {sbartist}

Lulu Bea

Melissa Johnson 

Thanks for dropping by! Have a creative weekend :) Sb

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely piece. Sort of glad to know others spill paints and stuff too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though you had a spill, I really love how your finished project turned out! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work of art! It is nice to know I am not the only one to spill something.........LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super fun!!! I love quirky characters :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin