Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Monday, October 3, 2011

Re"vamp"ed Restaurant Take-Out Bag
Uncripted Sketches #126


Happy Monday everyone! This weekend was a whirlwind with extra projects for my new design team post and a fabulous craft show, too...so I'm posting today. This started out as a paper tote from this Italian restaurant, "Maggiano's", which was the perfect palette to create on using Unscripted Sketches Sketch it Saturday's sketch #126. So now it is a perfect bag for collecting some "tricks and treats"!

I had an idea to use a pumpkin instead of a circle and I found this great vintage pumpkin clip over at "The Graphics Fairy" that was perfect to fit the sketch and cover up the text on the bag. To ground the pumpkin, I layered some colored tissue paper. On top of the pumpkin are some clips from T!m Holtz grungy holiday paper stack. I added a lot of color and pencil to sharpen up the letters so they stand out more. The number "31" has some small sticker letters added to it and mini black brads on the corners. I topped it off with a plastic spider and an orange & black gingham wired bow with some green toole I found while looking for the ribbon...remember I'm trying to stick with my NEW ONE TOUCH RULE...if I touch it, it's in the project!

What is Sketch it Saturdays at Unscripted Sketches? Every Saturday morning a new sketch is posted for the week. Flip the sketch, rotate it… create a card, a scrapbook page, a wall hanging, digital, paper, fabric, paint, anything your imagination comes up with! There is no right or wrong way, as long as you are using the Unscripted sketch as the inspiration for your creation! And everyone is invited to join in the fun...and post your creation on their page for all the world to see!

Hope you have a great week. Take a moment to check out my first post for the new Viva Las VegaStamps Design Team from Oct. 1st and the creations coming up from my super talented team members, too. There was a new project posted today, a spooky lighted lantern out of recycled cartons.

Sb : )

1 comment:

  1. Your one touch rule sounds like a fun way to spontaneously create. Great makeover. Keep smiling and creating

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin