Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Saturday, September 28, 2013

"Happy Haunting" with UNI-BATS! Sketch-It Saturday with Unscripted Sketches #224



Welcome to Sketch-It Saturday with Unscripted Sketches #224. I couldn't wait to share today's project because it's so SpOoky Cute! Sometime during the week I saw a project shared by a fellow creative that was a One-EYED bat with fangs {drawing a complete blank now} and I had to do a one-eyed bat card with today's new sketch.


The background was a section of painted cardstock using peeled paint and seedless grape distress stain spread on my craft mat, misted with water then paper dragged into it. Makes a nice dripped splattered background - perfect for halloween! I stamped sentiment "Happy Haunting", one tiny bat from a flock of bats, spiked fence, a tree background and Halloween Tree Silhouette - all from Viva Las VegaStamps!. The two larger bats are felted stickers by Stampendous - embellished with my FAV... GOOGLIE EYES. The fence is a large border Martha Stewart punch - the punched border sections pieced together cut from grey shimmery cardstock.

Honestly - I hadn't planned to use it this punched border - except the stamped fence that I added hand drawn areas {with what I thought was a matching distress marker} was so bright - and with all attempts to dull it down - I just made a blurred BRIGHT stripey mess out of it. SO one spooky fence border punch to the RESCUE! And it totally works. SO PLEASE don't be afraid to work through a mess-up. Tinker around and see what else you can add... or remove to get it just right. You just need a little patience - and trust your muse :)


What is Sketch it Saturdays at Unscripted Sketches? Every Saturday morning a new sketch is posted for the week. Flip the sketch, rotate it… create a card, a scrapbook page, a wall hanging, digital, paper, fabric, paint, anything your imagination comes up with! There is no right or wrong way, as long as you are using the Unscripted sketch as the inspiration for your creation! And everyone is invited to join in the fun... and post your creation on their page via inlinkz for all the world to see!

Thanks for dropping by today. Have a wonderful weekend!
:) Sb

2 comments:

  1. Scrumptious spooky background, and I love your one-eyed (goggle-eyed!) bats... how brilliant to have all those different sizes!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the cyclops bats!! Your background and the fence are terrific!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin