Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Friday, February 2, 2018

Sharing Art from the #Cre8time Heart...



Who doesn't love a brand new bottle of paint?!! Except when it bursts all over the place - YIKES! In an effort to clean up a bunch of spilled paint – I quickly grabbed a bunch of stuff to paint red in a hurry. This beautiful tag full of mixed-media LOVE is what became of my crafty accident... READ MORE  

Hello friends! Today I am sharing some TAG-a-licious inspiration filled with mixed-media LOVE. This tag was born from a Cre8time mess created when opening and testing a new RED distress paint dauber. With some quick thinking, I scooped what I could back into the bottle. Then I grabbed some unpainted goodies that were within reach -- a chipboard heart, a pair of grungeboard wings, recycled book paper and blank tags to quickly use and mop up the remaining spilled paint. I think I was painted more than the items, but it was all in good messy fun!


A few things I've used are leftovers from other projects or from artsy friends. The "beauty lies within" came from a supply box purchased from my creative friend Catherine. This corkscrew topped lady head is from a box of very special stamps from a dear friend from my local altered book group who is no longer with us. This stamp will be perfect to take flight as a mini art doll on this tag.


There was a heart already collaged in this bezel, but I tore it out so that I could add a chipboard piece that was part of my red paint frenzy. I brushed the metal frame with some tarnished brass and red distress paint, then lined the inner edge with some mini red sequin trim held in place with Diamond Glaze.


Everything gets a rubbing around the edges with tarnished brass. This chipboard heart gets a red bling heart before it's mounted into the pendant.


The rest of this came together rather organically -- things just layered up so beautifully as I added scraps and leftover bits from my stash. Layered on the painted tag: a torn scrap of an embossed painted paper, some mini rick-rack, sari ribbon, gold trim and painted lace.


I stamped grungeboard wings with script text. The lady is stamped onto gesso painted recycled book paper, with a touch of color from with distress markers. I add tiny piece of embroidered trim for a necklace... even the littlest scrap of the border trim is put to use!


I finished off bodice with some other goodies in my crafty stash: a beaded dangle; some sari ribbon; fun fiber; and green/red raffia. A work of mixed media love!!!

Have you seen her??


 


I participated in the "Sharing the Creative Heart" while at Creativation a week ago. This was a collaborative art abandonment project by the AFCI Designer Section, where we dropped our creations around Creativation in Phoenix, Arizona to be found on January 21st. While I was demonstrating, my friend Tracy and her hubs scoped out and planted my lovely lady to be found in the park area at the show entrance. We are all excited to hear where she has landed!

Thanks for dropping by and I hope you enjoy this Valentine's Inspiration! I would love your help in locating where this lovely tag has ended up in the Cre8time world by sharing. Hope you have a creative day!  :) Sb

1 comment:

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin