Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Friday, April 13, 2018

Going back in #Cre8time... Remember When Blog Hop



Hello Friends! Remember when we used to scrapbook with Mrs. Grossman stickers, cut photos into fun shapes, used paper punches and Stickled everything?! How about Basic Grey, Rusty Pickle and Daisy D's... I know these were my favorites. What paper or supplies do you still have stashed for a rainy day?

Today I am part of a fun bloghop dreamt up by my creative friend Betz Golden that you don't want to miss. Join me on a fun trip down Cre8time memory lane... featuring projects in which everyone was challenged to use something in our stash that is at least a decade old. EASY PEASY!!


REMEMBER WHEN chipboard shapes and MINI BOOKS were all the rage... and in all sorts of shapes and sizes! I love making mini-books... they are such a great way for me to squeeze in a little scrapbooking while having some fun creating. Today I'm sharing a greencrafted mini-album made from a repurposed pair of flip-flops using some of my old hoarded summer theme scrapbook papers like SandyLion, American Traditional Designs, Paper Adventures, and BoBunny. 



Back in the day, there wasn't a ready made embellishment for everything under the sun like there is now... we used stickers and punches and stamps to make our own. My album cover is stamped and painted with Making Memories and Creative Imaginations Foam Stamps and painted with Making Memories acrylic paints. I had to do a little maintenance on my paints to my surprise most were not completely dried out and I've had them since 2005.



I happily snap photos at every opportunity... so I have loads of vacation photos needing a proper home. The flip flop shape goes great with the travel theme. This pair I used are standard size, and even with the odd shaped pages, there is plenty of room to place photos, add pockets, tags and pull-outs. I've filled this sun-kissed mini album with my favorite pix from my last trip to Jamaica.


I've broken out my stash of EK Success Paper Shaper punches and my Quickutz Dies that were happy to see the light of day -- and combined them with bright and colorful ribbon, buttons, and topped off with Heidi Swapp silk flowers, "original" Prima Flowers and an assortment of tropical colored shaped brads. I even cut apart a sheet of printed vellum with summer phrases to use for journaling.


Remember that Fiskars tool that makes your paper corrogated??! How about that Dymo label maker, or the Xyron 2 and 4 inch adhesive runners {I don't think I can get refills for these anymore}.


I added dimension/texture on an accordion pull-out nestled amongst punched flowers and Quickutz die-cut embellishments. I love making my own embellishments with my punches and die-cuts -- using up all my leftover scraps and off-cuts. Everything is color coordinated and there's no leftovers to add to my never-ending scrap bin. 

What old goodies in your crafty stash will you use to capture your memories?


I have some blog candy to be won... an assortment of Making Memories "poolside" Jigsaw Alphabets - upper, lower and numbers that brand new in packaging from 2004. I found them stashed in the back of a drawer. To be entered in the drawing, please comment below what is your favorite "OLDER than 10 years" craft supply is and when you last used it?

For more blasts from the past inspiration, please visit the links below to continue on the hop. Please be sure to stop at each post and leave some blog love as there is blog candy to be won!



Thanks for visiting! I hope you are inspired to grab something buried in your crafty stash and make something fun ;)  Sb

14 comments:

  1. You rocked the older items, this is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful project!! Such cool use of older supplies. Flip flops, wow, thats seriously awesome. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it, those flip flops are rockin!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flip flops - brilliant! 💡

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mrs. Grossman's lace stickers. Archival quality guarenteed. From 1995 an no browning edges!Used last about 6 months ago and sparingly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also use my blue crinkle roller. Great for making background for men oriented books. Industrial look wiyh silver paper is awwsome. Used last two years ago and created a go to stash for quick availability.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good idea to use flip flops as book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! The old corrogating roller! I'd forgotten that I have one still! Love the upcycling for an album! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I have made flip flop books too. Great Remember when supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving the flip flop book - adorable! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMGoodness, what a walk down memory lane! I still use my Fiskars crimper every now and then and definitely still use my Dymo label maker! PS please don't count me in your giveaway. Fun blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous mini album! I have a few in my stash yet... my fav, back in the day, were paper piecing patterns and brads.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute. Love the flip flop shape. Lately I have been using my collection of old brads on some matchbook notebooks.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin