Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Parisian Background for Tip-In


Over the past few months, I have been in the process of testing various image transfer processes. The base is newsprint pages from a Paris free paper covered in a layer of gesso diluted with glazing liquid and gold/ochre acrylic paint. Then I built up the sky with a second layer of gesso with glazing liquid and blue acrylic. The image is a photo I took outside the Louvre when I was there in April, 2000. I manipulated the colors of it in photoshop, skewing the color/saturation to make it look more green and purple than the drabby rainy day that it actually was. I printed it out from a Color Xerox to use with the Omnigel to make the transfer. I like how fast it dries, only requires 3 layers [instead of 5-6] and it seems to be much more durable than Gel Medium when soaking/rubbing the paper away. It didn't require much more gel to tack it down, either. I found out that you can't stack them on top of each other after they are dry, they stick together like saran wrap. I have to figure out how to reduce this tackyness before proceeding...I am also fiddling with some mica to add dimension to the glass pyramids...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin