Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Monday, January 7, 2008

New Year - New Beginnings

I have ended 2007 the same way I began it - SICK. "This has all happened before and will all happen again..." keeps echoing in my head from the recent Battlestar Galactica Razor episode I have finally watched in an effort to clean off my DVR so that I can get a new one...I wore this one out in less than a year and have put up with it for 3 years...

I am wrapping up some artsy loose ends that I needed to complete, but starting off '08 with a clean slate - and a comittment to create art every week. Not for Swap, but for me - and maybe enter and art show, or two. So to keep me on track [and interested] I am participating in the ATC Workshop and also the Texture Effects Workshop in the Artists of the Roundtable group.

I successfully ate a salad every day of 2007, so on New Year's Day, I took a trip to my Dad's house in Alabama and celebrated the accomplishment with many servings of Dad's homemade meatballs, sausage & spaghetti sauce over angel hair pasta and took ONE day off from salad. Now I'm back on the salad track and have added a new goal, no fast food for '08 and to cook at home as much as possible since my husband and myself have been sick since Boxing Day
[day after Christmas]. We have taken advantage of takeout for way, way, too long and I am putting my foot down...

So to all I wish you a Happy, Healthy and CREATIVE 2008!!! And something I learned back in '07 that keeps me going...it does TAKE 21 days to start a new habit, all you have to do is try and stick with it...I'm 7 days in to this new habit and counting...

; )

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin