Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Happy Saturday - Sketch 104 with an Asian flair...


This is my creation for Sketch it Saturday's sketch #104 over at Unscripted Sketches. This week I was rummaging through the clearance pile at the craft store and I was finding all these minimal jewelry pieces - BUT - I didn't buy any for this {though I admit, It was my intention to get a little bling to use for this particular sketch}. So I went home and started looking through one of my many scrap bins and I picked up this scrap of Asian paper.

I picked it up and I said to myself "where did that come from?" I don't know but it is now part of my latest throw-away collage. With this paper I was off and running...and I wanted Chinese food, even though it was well after 10pm. So I rounded up a microscope slide, an Asian medallion, a scrap of corrugated {one of my favorite goodies to create with} and some handmade paper.

This piece of handmade paper was already half black and white, but there were some things embedded in the white, so I tore it away and replaced it with this very "SPECIAL" piece of textured white packing material that I have been saving for a very special project. THIS ONE!!!!

I'm posting this collage over at my SMBdesign shop on Etsy. So if you would like to get it click here.

What is Sketch it Saturdays at Unscripted Sketches? Every Saturday morning a new sketch is posted for the week. Flip the sketch, rotate it… create a card, a scrapbook page, a wall hanging, digital, paper, fabric, paint, anything your imagination comes up with! There is no right or wrong way, as long as you are using the Unscripted sketch as the inspiration for your creation! And everyone is invited to join in the fun...and post your creation on their page for all the world to see!

Have a great weekend! Please check back to see what I'm up to next week. Today I'm selling some of my stash at my local SB store's yard sale. Sb

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin