Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Saturday, April 23, 2011

REVEAL!!! Unscripted Sketches #103

"Here fishy...fishy...fishy..." That is what my Dad told me and my sister to say to lure the fish to our bamboo fishing poles...and I finally caught him here.

This is my creation for Sketch it Saturday's sketch #103 over at Unscripted Sketches. I'm having such a great time on this Design Team. My thought process for what I'm going to create is somewhat unconventional. I like to grab a handful of stuff and just make something with it. So I start flipping through my stash, and for this project I didn't have to look far. I came across this stamp I recently purchased, since it hadn't been filed in my binders, and I was off and running to the scrap paper stashes. I have lots and lots of small paper leftover from other projects and they come in handy to make cards.

The stamp is from Imaginisce, the dark blue wave pattern is Basic Grey. For the waves I used my fiskars wave border punch and punched out from some scraps leftover from a tropical flip flop book project [the light blue with orange stripe had been put through the corrugating tool]. To be honest it was my first time using this punch and now I'll have to find a use for all these reverse two inch wave pieces leftover. Hmmm it is earth week....

I finished it off with a quote I found in one of my hundreds of dollar stamp sets and a FISHY brad - isn't it soooo cute. I planned to use a flower brad, but my hand painted googlie-eyed friend needed a sidekick!

Behind the quote is a piece of blue glittery tool...my secret of where do you find that... at the DOLLAR TREE {my NO SO secret guilty pleasure}. They have these little girl fairy skirts and I bought them in all colors of the rainbow with the total intention of cutting them up for crafty stuff - and - most of them are a little glittery, too!

What is Sketch it Saturdays at Unscripted Sketches? Every Saturday morning a new sketch is posted for the week. Flip the sketch, rotate it… create a card, a scrapbook page, a wall hanging, digital, paper, fabric, paint, anything your imagination comes up with! There is no right or wrong way, as long as you are using the Unscripted sketch as the inspiration for your creation! And everyone is invited to join in the fun...and post your creation on their page for all the world to see!

Have a great Easter Weekend everyone! Please check back to see what I'm up to next week. Today I'm spending the day at my local SB store - yippee : ) Sb

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin