Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Happy Birthday Chelsea!
Unscripted Sketches #111 Card

Happy Birthday to my BFF Chelsea!!!
Of course I made you a special card...Surprise!!!

Sorry for the delay in Reveal this week, but I had to keep this one under wraps until today.

This colorful card is my Sketch it Saturday creation using sketch #111 over at Unscripted Sketches. This week has an additional "Piggyback" color challenge of using purple, bright blue, orange and green...this combination calls for DaisyD's paper. This company is no longer around, but I do have a stash of this particular "girlfiends" line...one of my favorites the papers are is so bright, colorful and girly. I used this line to make a real girly CD mini album that I gave to my gal pal Chelsea as a gift.

In typical fashion, I rounded up some leftover scraps of these patterned papers, some Hero Arts stamps that come in a little spiral binder book, and a "Celebrate" chipboard word that was recycled from something {it's color was pastel and distressed so it needed some ink and glitter gel pen}. The fuzzy border at the top is actually a metallic green pipe cleaner twisted with several fun, colorful & fuzzy Basic Grey fibers. It's super easy to do - you just wrap the fibers around the pipe cleaner and you get a dimensional and stunning trim.

What is Sketch it Saturdays at Unscripted Sketches? Every Saturday morning a new sketch is posted for the week. Flip the sketch, rotate it… create a card, a scrapbook page, a wall hanging, digital, paper, fabric, paint, anything your imagination comes up with! There is no right or wrong way, as long as you are using the Unscripted sketch as the inspiration for your creation! And everyone is invited to join in the fun...and post your creation on their page for all the world to see!

Off to work on Sketch 112...it's Thursday again! I am also busy working on new crafty stuff for the Dada Bazaar on July 14th and crossing my fingers for a couple other craft shows I've applied to. Off to Orlando this weekend to see my sister for a belated birthday visit. Have a great week!
: ) Sb

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin