Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Monday, June 27, 2011

Hot Fun in the Summertime...
Unscripted Sketches 112 Reveal

The weekend was a little busy and jam-packed...so here's a Monday morning treat!

This Sketch it Saturday creation began last week with the using sketch #111 "Piggyback" color challenge. I had selected an assortment of summer theme things with the colors, but they didn't work out for that sketch...so I saved them for this week's sketch 112 over at Unscripted Sketches. This worked out perfectly!!!

I have this bag of scraps I bought at my local SB store which has assortments of patterned papers that are offcuts/leftovers from various classes. So I have these summery patterned papers that are from "QuickQuotes" - one that has quotes all over the paper. The quote was the beginning of this card. I paired it with one of my favorite summer background papers "Campfire", that I think is by SandyLion. The flourishes and tropical flowers are stamped on the background and the floral border at the top is a Martha Stewart {bite my tongue} large border punch. I finished it off with some pale blue gems. Viola!


What is Sketch it Saturdays at Unscripted Sketches? Every Saturday morning a new sketch is posted for the week. Flip the sketch, rotate it… create a card, a scrapbook page, a wall hanging, digital, paper, fabric, paint, anything your imagination comes up with! There is no right or wrong way, as long as you are using the Unscripted sketch as the inspiration for your creation! And everyone is invited to join in the fun...and post your creation on their page for all the world to see!

This weekend I went Orlando this weekend to see my sister for a belated birthday visit. First off we braved the storms to go to Stampfest, this was fun and a little overwhelming...WHOA - look at all the stamps!!! Then we went out for dinner with her husband and enjoyed "New Bad Habit" cocktails which were a pair of shots - one with jalapeno infused tequila and the other with pineapple juice. It was much better mixed together. Then we had enjoyed the live music, some tapas and appetizers and seemed to be quite entertaining to her husband. So it was a nice little overnight trip - I had the best slumber party in the world with my nieces {they were spending the night with their father - hehe}.

OMG - can you believe it's July already this Friday??? Next weekend begins the summer celebration "Christmas in July". Join us at Unscripted Sketches for daily posts and fun, festive ideas, how-tos, and surprises. Have a great week!

: ) Sb

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin