Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Glitter Snowflake Card using
Unscripted Sketches #138


First let me start by answering the looming question...what happened to sketch 137? Well, due to working regular job, having two freelance projects and a custom order of 35 kinetic Christmas Cards that had to shop last Friday, this elf had to take a break. I will post it next week. So here is the my regularly scheduled Sketch-it Saturday creation!!!

Using this week's sketch #138, I created this glittery snowflake card using a piece of reclaimed wrapping paper from last year. Remember - my one touch rule! Since I'm in the middle of gift wrapping and trimmings are strewn all over the dining room table, this paper ended up in my hand. OK - now it's in the project. It's one of those lovely holographic papers that has snowflakes on it in blue and white.

I wrapped a piece of it around chipboard and mounted it to a piece of blue cardstock scrap. Then, with a whale of a punch, I punched 3 scalloped circles out of cardstock and 3 out of the wrapping paper. Now the fun begins...I have all these new Martha Stewart punches from my HSN autoship program and I broke open the winter set that has one of those new "ANYWHERE" punches {I couldn't resist - it was a great deal...4 punches for less than 1/2 of retail price and free shipping and flexpay}. This one punches a snowflake out of a circle - very lovely. I took the scallop punched wrapping paper, put a dab of adhesive on the punch to hold it in place and punched the snowflake out of the shape. SO COOL!!! Then I mounted these onto the cardstock scallops. The strips are Basic Grey and the center horizontal stripe is a speckled stamped white cardstock that I smudged with pearlescent blue dew drop ink. I finished the center of each snowflake with a gem brad and adhered with 3D pop dots! Sorry that the scanner is making interference in the hologram - but it's so wintery...I just love it!


What is Sketch it Saturdays at Unscripted Sketches? Every Saturday morning a new sketch is posted for the week. Flip the sketch, rotate it… create a card, a scrapbook page, a wall hanging, digital, paper, fabric, paint, anything your imagination comes up with! There is no right or wrong way, as long as you are using the Unscripted sketch as the inspiration for your creation! And everyone is invited to join in the fun...and post your creation on their page for all the world to see!

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas! Hope you have a great weekend with your loved ones. That's where I will be. Check back next week for my regular end of the month Viva Las Vegastamps! post and a New Year's Day Blog Hop special post, too! So three times the fun!
: ) Sb

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin