Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Monday, June 25, 2012

Seven Projects in Seven Days....COMPLETED!!!


A little over a year ago I threw myself out there and began applying to Design Teams for the purpose of getting myself creating again. At first, I was selected to Unscripted Sketches Design Team and this worked out great - one project a week! This has snowballed into five DT's and last week I was behind the eight ball with a project for all but one, and two "FOR FUN" bloghop projects - totaling seven projects - AND - the full-time job at the printshop, too. WOWEE...I made it and just wanted to share a little recap!

Now I'm creating just about everyday to keep up with my busy schedule - and counting the minutes until it's time to go home from work!


Last Sunday was Father's Day and my project for Altered Pages! I have created a page in my Art Journal to commemorate my father and my grandfather. Both are no longer with us, but they are always near and dear to my heart. I used Altered Pages Histoire AP-517 Collage Sheet, some acrylic paints and markers and created a beautiful second page in my art journal. CLICK HERE to see entire post.



Next was Monday...a fun Viva Las Vegastamps! project: a fun how-to for a resist technique using the new "TANGLED" stamps by artist Sandra Strait from Plate #1427. CLICK HERE to see How-to for my "Tropical Tangled Toucan" Card.

 

Then on Tuesday it was my Sakura Hobby Crafts project...I've created a pretty wall decor using one of Want2Scrap's chipboard CORSET book painted with 3D Crystal Lacquer and Terri Sproul Mixers. CLICK HERE to see the How-to.



Wednesday was a strictly "Create for Fun" day and I made two patriotic projects for Leslie Rahye's Patriotic Steampunk Celebration Bloghop. This fun bloghop welcomed the official start of summer, and I made one project for my blog and the other to appear on the Altered Pages Blog. Please click the photos to go to the accompanying posts. Please take time to visit all the stops on this hop - the projects are out of this world!!!


Thursday is my day to create for the weekly Sketch-It Saturday with Unscripted Sketches. I made this fun Christmas card using Unscripted Sketches #164 paired up with this single vintage image from AlteredPages.com.


I wrapped up the week with a video post for Viva Las Vegastamps! - this was a treat creating this on Saturday night via the magic of Ustream!!! This was a Bonus post for the month so I shared how I'm corraling my tons of VLVS stamps and some other tips: labeling and storing unmounted Viva Las Vegastamps! rubber; cleaning stamps; stamping surfaces for optimum results; cheap and easy watercolor; making a mist using Sakura 3d Crystal Lacquer and Terri Sproul Mixers; and how do I mount my VLVS stamps? CLICK HERE to see the video.

This week is shaping up and I have an Amazing Mold Putty project later this week. I have planned a little break this weekend - a weekend getaway with the husband {no CRAFTS allowed}.
: ) Sb

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin