Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Saturday, January 26, 2013

I Love Stamping! A Declaration of Love for LeslieRahye's National Hobby Month Bloghop

To view the VLVS! "BLAST FROM THE PAST"
Challenge Bloghop - please click here!


WELCOME to LeslieRahye's National Hobby Month Bloghop. It's no secret that I have a hobby {or several} and one of them is STAMPING. Thanks for dropping by - I am sharing with you some STAMPED Valentine inspiration ... complete with a Vampiress!


Another hobby, or perhaps a slight obsession is going to concerts. I love music - especially 80s alternative and hair bands. I'm already planning for my trip to Vegas in April to see my favorite "hair band" Def Leppard, whose ballad "Love Bites" is the inspiration for this Valentine ATC. As you can see, inspiration can come from anywhere.

**A TIP** Stamps are versatile and can be used for many projects: from cardmaking to home decorating, to altered books and ATCs - or even embossing a design into velvet.  The possibilities are only limited by your imagination - not to mention the themes! Be wild and crazy and break out those off-season holiday stamps and make them work for other holidays, too! For this ATC, I've used stamps from Halloween, Christmas and more. I   just love playing around, experimenting while I have FUN getting inky!!!


There are a plethora of techniques to use with stamps also. For the detail on the heart, I melted several layers of gold embossing powder onto a chipboard heart shape. I inked the Steampunk Heart Large #16020 stamp black pigment ink, reheated the gold embossing powder and pressed stamp into the hot melted embossing powder. For balance, I stamped the words "love bites" and embossed with gold embossing powder to finish this "Vampy Vixen" ATC off right. The golden heart is finished off with a ruffle fashioned out of crepe paper stamped with "23, 24, 25 measuring tape" from PLATE 1430.


Thanks so much for dropping by. Please click the blocks below to visit the other fabulous stops on this celebration of hobbies bloghop. I hope you have a wonderful weekend doing what you love. Sb


8 comments:

  1. very , well cute isn't the right word, but I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stamptastic ATC! Thanks for being a part of my National Hobby Month Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your vampy vixen ATC, Susan. The heart stamped into the UTEE really is a terrific idea and turned out beautifully. TFS your creativity with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great ! Really like the heart ! x fab

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea for a valentine ATC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the heart looks just like a Vintaj brass piece, how clever!! I love your techniques! So talented and so sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your heart looks just like a real brass heart. I thought you used a Vintaj brass blank until I read your copy. Wow this is so beautiful thank you so much for sharing! I love your technique and that you share too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love where your mind went on this one! While I wouldn't normally think of 'love bites' and vampires as being cute, when combined, it works!! The stamped embossing looks fabulous! Yet another technique I need to try! Thanks for enabling me again!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin