Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Thursday, January 17, 2013

INSPIRING Art Journal Cover using Unscripted Sketches #193



Happy Thursday!!! I have just returned from sunny and FRIGID California where I attended the CHA Winter Show and I'm playing a little catchup. Today I am sharing my old dusty art journal that I have renewed for the new year and I have embellished the cover using Unscripted Sketches #193.

All of the elements in today's creation using sketch #193 are inked and stamped using a blackboard technique that was featured on the Viva Las VegaStamps! Blog. CLICK HERE to see the how-to. I have used these Supplies: STAMPS - Sun Background #18366 {a DELINQUENT DIE}; several stamps from Plate #917: Six Hexagon Background #19076Washi Chevron Background #19072Washi Reverse Grid Background #19075Washi Lines Background #19073Washi Grid Background #19074 and quote "Writing Arrow #19078" and "Inspire" #18888; Also used Kromecote CardstockVLVS! Ultra High Gloss Embossing PowderMiracle Tape; 3-D Foam tape; Ranger Black Soot and Dusty Concord Distress Inks; Ranger Resist ink and Ranger Embossing Ink.

This art journal highlights my word for the year "INSPIRE" and I am filling some pages up with techniques I'm learning through Nathalie Kalbach's 2013 Creative Jumpstart Summit. I have been on a bit of a creative break while at CHA - but I made an altered bra that I wore at the Charity Wings Flash Mob, and I made an asian themed altered lamp that was taped for an episode of Craft Time TV. It was a busy week and so many amazing things are in store for me in the coming months. I can't wait to continue to fill this book up with creative goodness.



What is Sketch it Saturdays at Unscripted Sketches? Every Saturday morning a new sketch is posted for the week. Flip the sketch, rotate it… create a card, a scrapbook page, a wall hanging, digital, paper, fabric, paint, anything your imagination comes up with! There is no right or wrong way, as long as you are using the Unscripted sketch as the inspiration for your creation! And everyone is invited to join in the fun... and post your creation on their page via inlinkz for all the world to see!



Thanks for stopping by!!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Want to play on Saturday? Please join me live at 4:00pm EST {1pm PST} in the Daylight Musings room at the Saturday Crafts Fair on Linqto! I am demonstrating there every Saturday where I'm sharing my projects, showing how-to's, sharing tips, and there's prizes, too. This weekend I am upcycling a tequila box into an asian themed lamp. Hope to see you there!  : ) Sb

1 comment:

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin