Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Countdown to #Doctor Twelve... Blue Police Box in Amazing Clear Cast Resin


Hello Everyone! I'm so excited that the long wait is almost over and the new season of Doctor Who begins in just 5 days. I have a several projects of WHOvian nature just for this week as the excitement builds.

Remember a while back I created a pendant from a rubber stamp using Amazing Mold Putty and Amazing Casting Resin??? Today, I am sharing another mold that I've created to show the AMAZING detail captured by Amazing Mold Rubber... except this is a FANDOM favorite – the Blue Police Box from Doctor Who.

**PLEASE NOTE** I am the illustrator of this stamp and have obtained permission from the manufacturer, Viva Las VegaStamps! in order to do this {and for the pendant done previously}. Before doing a project such as this - please check with each stamp company's ANGEL POLICY to make sure you aren't in violation.


This mold I created along with several others prepared when mixing an entire container of Amazing Mold Rubber {please CLICK HERE to view mixing/preparation}. When the mold was cured, I painted a variety of blue, gold and pearl Alumidust directly to the mold using a fine paintbrush, and poured a layer of Amazing Clear Cast Resin. I could have used this "AS IS" but I wanted it to have the glowing bright blue color of a proper vessel for time travel.


This is easily remedied! I placed resin piece back into mold and I prepared a small batch of Amazing Clear Cast Resin by mixing equal parts of "A" and "B" {CLICK HERE to view preparation}. To that I added a couple dabs of Blue Alumidust using a recycled coffee stir stick from Starbucks. I just picked a bit up on the end of the stick about 3 times.


I stirred completely, then poured
on top of the cured resin piece.


I used the stick to spread evenly
and fill the remaining space in the mold.


After curing overnight – my Blue Police Box is truly GLOWING! I trimmed off the flashing with scissors and gently filed the edges with an emory board. Now I have a companion embellishment to go with my "Ode to the Raggety Man {Doctor 11}" Mini Book. CLICK HERE to jump over see my "Companion" Doctor WHO Mini Book.


A glowing BLUE BOX
for my Time Traveler!

I need to make a little trip to the hardware store... an then I have some special plans for my resin blue box.

Stay tuned... I will be sharing more WHOvian creations throughout the week! :) Sb

2 comments:

  1. My sister-in-law was a little offended when I told her we needed to leave her birthday party early enough to be home by 8:00 to watch Doctor Who. She is turning 60 but has never heard of it. She doesn't understand why I don't want to watch in the middle of a big party full of people who aren't fans. She thinks I should just record it and watch it later. I don't know how to make her understand. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear! Perhaps recommend she start watching the marathon on BBC America ASAP today and she'll be hooked and just as excited come party time :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin