Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Monday, April 26, 2021

Tag – You're It... StencilGirl® Collaborative



Hello friends! Remember the good old days of Yahoo groups and swapping art through the mail. Well it seems that though the platforms have changed, creating and trading artsy mail with creative friends is still widely popular.

Today I am participating in a special collaborative project hosted by Tina Walker where she challenged 14 artists to some mail art fun.

Each creative was to apply a base of StencilGirl® Stencils to No. 5 tags and send two painted tags via snail mail to each player. The challenge: make a Tag Book using the tags received.


I cut my tags down to size from larger #8 tags which left me small pieces that I included for fun. Base Layer: Liquitex White Gesso pounced with sponge through StencilGirl® Stencils S288 Matus deMeng. Top Layer: Sprayed through StencilGirl® Stencils S532 Borloz with Art Anthology ‘Wild Orchid’ Colorations Spray. This made the face appear like magic.


This was a really fun collab challenge. I waited until I was ready to make my project to open all the envy's and spread out all the contents.


The color and design of each painted tag were so beautiful and unique, the best thing to do was to showcase them by making a mini star book to hold inspirational quotes.


First I edged all the tags with
Tarnished Brass Ranger Distress Paint.


Then I cut, tore and folded all the pages
and pieces to be stitched into the signatures.

 

Each signature is stitched layered with a base stenciled tag, 
torn map, printed vellum and a piece of fabric.


After stitching, each signature is glued back to back forming star base.


Star book base with stitched elements before finishing layers added.


For the outer cover I selected Sara Branson's tags made from an old file folder and acrylic paints with StencilGirl® Stencils S682 Walker and S262 Dube.

"Out of this World Star Book"


This tiny book is out of this world! Full of layers, texture and pattern made from a base tag layer of joined stitched signatures, with scraps of map paper, vellum, and fabric scraps; followed by two floating layers of tags nested above... all tied up with sari ribbon.


On this quote page the tag base had L607 Soulful Scribbles - Let Go (Bautista). I added Ranger Distress Paint Tarnished Brass through S576 Art Deco Peacock Feathers (Lafleur). The other elements were chosen from the extra tidbits and goodies sent from the collab players.




It was a challenge to tie all of these tags together into a completed book and I'm so in love with this tiny tag book!!

CLICK HERE to jump over to see more Tag creations made for the Tag – You're It... StencilGirl® Collaborative.

Thanks for dropping by! Sb

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin