Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Friday, April 3, 2009

S.S.U.S. Swap - Throw Away Collage


My S.S.U.S. [Snobby, Stuck-Up Stamper] Group has some unique & challenging themes. This one was one of my favorite, though a stumper at first. I broke out my huge IRIS box of scraps with leftover bits & pieces...then began sifting through the scraps of paper, unused stamped images, leftover stickers, etc. AND my work began to come to life on it's own.

The background is a 6x6 square that I tried an Anna Griffin paper folding technique on for another project, but after making one, quickly decided that I wasn't going to make 6 more so it was retired to the "BIN". I happened to have long strips of the same p.p. so I folded it to create a dimensional frame to contain the folded quilted background. The winged boy was stamped on vellum and the school girl stamped on gloss paper, so I colored them both with my Marvy brush markers. The girl's wings are leftover vellum heart stickers. I stamped the 'friends forever' on a piece of scrap green with my ticket punch. This phrase is from a new little set of stamps with bling and a cute owl stamp that I just had to have. I added some toole and fibers from another matching IRIS bin with ribbons & stuff...and tied it off with a lock & key.

I hope that my friend Jane enjoys this as much as I enjoyed creating it : )Sb

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin