Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Sharing a Greencrafted FAVORITE for ANYTHING BUT A CARD Challenges #9


Good Morning! It's two days before Christmas and today debuts a brand new Anything But a Card Challenge... Anything goes OR share your fave project from 2012. Time to go sneek off and get ready to CREATE and play along!

There's two weeks to play along and link up via inlinkz froggy. Anything But a Card Challenges is a bi-weekly challenge and today, the Design Team showcases NEW projects using a brand-new challenge of Anything goes OR share your fave project from 2012 Please click here to head on over to ABAC and see all the fantastic projects shared by the fantastic design team AND submissions by all of you. I will have a project featured next Sunday for week two of the challenge. 

REMEMBER this challenge blog is ANYTHING and EVERYTHING... except for Cards. ATC's aren't greeting cards...so please link up your ATC's!!!


Anything But a Card Challenge 9 is
Anything goes OR share your fave project from 2012. This is wide open - so if you have some time to steal away from all the holiday festivites to create...or play with your new creative goodies from Santa, link up and share your works -OR- Share your FAVORITE creation from 2012. Either way, you can play during the holidays :)

For today I am sharing a GREENCRAFTING project which is one of my favorite projects I made this year and this was featured over at the Altered Pages Blog back on April 21, 2012. ENJOY!!!

This is a special upcycled project using a recycled liquor bottle dome packaging. I have transformed this container into my own butterfly aviary using Altered Pages Victorian Butterfly image sheet AP-1066. It is so easy to become inspired with the Collage Sheets from Altered Pages. With this project - flat butterflies come to life in a 3-dimesional decorative piece.


I began with these items: an empty recycled dome, Victorian Butterfly image sheet AP-1066 and paper shred. Then I began cutting...


There are so many butterflies on this sheet {AP-1066} that I only fussy cut 2/3 of them. I printed out this page twice, once as is, and the second I flipped horizontally. Then I fussy cut the butterflies, inked edges using ECO Safe Paris Trunk Sepia Ink and added antennae with a super thin silver wire. I glued matching fronts and backs together. I used a piece of recycled imagesetting film {which is thick clear acetate} to form a cone inside the dome to support a paper floral stem in the center. I attached butterflies around as desired and suspended them inside the dome and on acetate cone with double sided tape. For moss in the bottom of the dome I placed actual shredded money {no...I didn't shred any of my own money - it was repurposed from a gift I received}.


If you are inspired to go and alter something, please visit the Altered Pages website for Collage Sheets, Rubber Stamps, blank items ready to alter, Project kits and more! It's where I get all of my collage sheet and goodies for "ALTERING MY CREATIVITY".
"My Personal Butterfly Aviary"


I hope you are inspired to play along and I can't wait to see what you create! I am traveling home to Chicago to spend with my family, "CHILL OUT" and maybe see a little snow, too.


Have you heard about the "Saturday Crafts Fair" on Linqto??? It's two hours of demos, prizes, and chatting with friends. Get ideas for holiday cards and gifts; paper crafting, scrapbooking, quilts, knitting, embroidery, crafts for kids... creative projects for any budget and skill level. There are GIVEAWAYS, too for lucky viewers present watching the live streams {you have to be present to win}. All streams are recorded so if you miss one, you can watch the playbacks at your leisure.


All are invited next weekend for the Saturday Crafts Fair ... the fun starts at 3pm EST!!! I have my own room, sbartist : daylight musings at the Saturday Crafts Fair! So I invite you to please drop by and join me for some creative time weekly. My demos begin at 4pm EST {1pm PST}.

Here's the link to my room: 

It's only 2 days until Christamas - this ELF is done with all crafting for gifts and I am MERRILY enjoying the holidays with my family. I wish all of you a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
:) Sb

1 comment:

  1. Ohh this is gorgeous! I love the butterflies...what a great project!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin