Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Mini Book Necklace for Anything But a Card Challenges No. 19 "Color Challenge"



Whoa! It's Thursday??? Well, I've finally got it done - a brand new pretty to wear and I learned a new technique in the process for this project I made for Anything But a Card Challenge 19 "COLOR INSPIRATION".  This is week two of the challenge. Please click here to head on over to ABAC and see what the second half of our amazing design team has created with these luscious colors.

Are you ready to CREATE and play along??? Please click here to link up your creations! There's still time before the new challenge begins on May 26th. REMEMBER this challenge blog is ANYTHING and EVERYTHING... except for Cards. ATC's aren't cards...so please link up your ATC's too!!!


Anything But a Card Challenge 19 is a "COLOR CHALLENGE": Use the color palette below as your inspiration! You can use two, three, or all five of the colors. Summer arrived months ago in South Flordia and these yummy colors remind me of all the flavors of sherbert at the ice cream shoppe. The possibilites are endless and the theme is open.

Your challenge is to use this color palette...


Here's my lovely altered mini-book charm
necklace I made for this challenge...


I am part of a monthly A.R.T. Club that meets the third Sunday each month. It's really fun and I enjoy the relaxation of just playing. Each month, a member shares a technique or project for the group to make and this mini book charm was this month's project.


I knew I had plenty of goodies in the colors needed for this challenge, so I gathered up book pages leftover from cutting an altered book void, some ribbon scraps, a handful of glass beads and my chalk and alcohol inks and hit the road to the meet-up. The technique was embossing metal sheets and coloring with alcohol inks to patina. I've done the patina with the inks, but I've never embossed metal sheets in my embossing folders in the Cuttlebug {except for aluminum tape paper}. I was surprised at the fabulous results. To make a charm like this you really need the strength of a thin metal to be durable enough to wear on a chain - and it was nice I didn't need to mess around with setting an eyelet. This is a perfect greencrafting project and makes a great gift, too!

I hope you are inspired to play along - I can't see what you create! See you tomorrow with my fabulous creation for the Viva Las VegaStamps! and Helmar Inspiration Week!
 :) Sb

10 comments:

  1. WOW! I enjoy your page so much! It's always filled with beautiful pics! Love your projects! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great Susan! Did you use the pages to write positive affirmations? That would be cool.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! No, I didn't - but that is a fabulous idea. I'll have to do that and tuck some fortunes in there too!

      Delete
  3. What a neat idea! I like it! I love the color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That a gorgeous little book Susan! It's so tactile and just begs to be opened and looked at. Just love that embossed cover to.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely piece Susan! You did a great job with the embossed cover and I am sure it will attract attention when you wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE IT! What an inspiring color pallette to be challenge by :) You did a wonderful job. A+

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this piece! I already raved about it in a comment that I must not have pushed "publish" on before falling in a rabbit hole called blurb you have bellow :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it Susan. This is so pretty. Thanks for playing along at ABAC.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin