Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Monday, February 2, 2015

My LOVE of STAMPING meets #Cre8time Organization


Hello Everyone! Today is the first monday of February {as well as Groundhog's Day here in the U.S.} which brings another Designer Crafts Connection Bloghop! Our creatives are sharing projects of "LOVE This..." which is anything having to do with creativity - tools, techniques, products, or craft genre!



I don't know about you, but for me January flew by in like a minute... and I'm trying to "SIMPLIFY" my life in 2015. I've combined my love of STAMPING and MIXED-MEDIA to create a creative calendar, by mounting an original stamped collage into an acrylic craft frame that I can change for each month with some fun wet-erase markers.

In my effort to reorganize my life and Cre8time, my stash of Deflecto Craft Solutions are making my studio, sleek and streamlined... but also modern and completely "ME".


This project is featuring the Deflecto Hanging 8 1/2" x 11" Craft Frame #68201CR – which I measured out a blank calendar grid marked out with thin washi tapes... quick and easy!


Starting with a blank sheet of white letter size uncoated cardstock, I used clear embossing fluid to stamp images onto sheet; then applying embossing powder and heat embossing to create an emboss resist. I worked in sections at a time, stamping, applying powder then heating to build up a scene. This is one of my favorite stamping techniques and is totally worth the time invested to build a background.



Now for the MAGIC! I colored over the top with Faber-Castell Gelatos and blended out with my finger. In doing this, some of the stamped images blend into the background becoming more muted adding depth and interest. Much of the stamped imagery gets covered up, so to expose the resist areas I gently rub the surface with a papertowel to remove the color away from the embossed areas... and the embossed white areas reappear! Love... love... LOVE!!! I repeated adding layers color and rubbing away until coloring was to my liking. 


I have an instant mixed media painting... with stamps! I have so many stamped images here to create my "mind's eye" scene... too many to count, so I have listed all below in supplies list. 


With my collage complete - I gently slide it into the frame and prepare for hanging. Super easy and protected from the elements... a total INSPIRATION piece!


I used my labelmaker to make some days of the week title stickers for the top of my calendar grid, then topped off the frame with sari ribbon and hemp twine for hanging. My calendar can be changed easily each month with wet erase markers. 

"My Cre8time is Ready for February"


• • • • • • • • • • • • •

SUPPLIES: All stamps from Viva Las VegaStamps -- "Eye and Brow" #4487"Stars" #19291"Washi Lines Background" #19073"Creative Minds are Rarely Tidy" #1501"Question Everything" #18824"Paris Address" #17539"Writing Triangles" #19571"Double Coffee Rings" #19568"Measuring Tape Section" #19565"Mesh Texture" #19569"Bubble Wrap Texture" #19566"Texture Background" #19570"Writing Circles Background" #19567"Color Wheel Lines" #19338; and "Solid Color Wheel" #19339Other Supplies: VLVS! Miracle TapeVLVS! Ultra High Gloss Embossing PowderWhite Cardstock; Deflecto hanging 8 1/2" x 11" Craft Frame #68201CR; Deflecto Wet Erase Markers; rainbow colors of Faber-Castell Gelatos; Globecraft Embossing Ink Dauber; labelmaker; washi tape; sari ribbon and hemp cord.

+ + + + + + + + + + + +

Thanks so much for visiting! Continue on the Designer Crafts Connection "LOVE THIS..." Bloghop by selecting hop back/forward on the logo below to enjoy all of the wonderful inspiration. Sb :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin