Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Revisiting FRIENDS from the Past...



For this challenge, I am sharing a post from the past for inspiration which is perfect for the current Anything But a Card Challenges No. 44 "FRIENDSHIP".  This particular project was made for a mini tip-in swap... using the "throw-away collage" technique - one of my favorite types of creations. What is a "throw-away collage"?? It is a creation made of all the bits and scraps leftover on the table - transformed into something lovely and new! 

I broke out my huge IRIS box of scraps with leftover bits and pieces... which started out from several big ziploc bags full of all sorts of stuff. Putting it all in a big bin makes it easier to contain and search through. I began sifting through the scraps of paper, unused stamped images, leftover stickers, etc. AND in no time, my work began to come to life on it's own.

The background is a 6x6 square that I tried an Anna Griffin paper folding technique on for another project swap, but after making one, quickly decided that I wasn't going to make 6 more so it was retired to the "BIN". I happened to have long strips of the same p.p. so I folded it to create a dimensional frame to contain the folded quilted background. The winged boy was stamped on vellum and the school girl stamped on gloss paper, so I colored them both with my Marvy brush markers. The girl's wings are leftover vellum heart stickers. I stamped the 'friends forever' on a piece of scrap green with my ticket punch. This phrase is from a new little set of stamps with bling and a cute owl stamp that I just had to have. I added some tulle and fibers from another bin filled with misc. ribbons and stuff... then tied it off with a lock and key.


The current Challenge... is one that that can be expressed in just one word... "FRIENDSHIP". For Anything But a Card Challenges No. 44 use our prompt of "Friendship" to inspire your muse... and gather all of your creative goodies to come out and play. As our name states Anything But a Card = NO CARDS.

Thanks for dropping by! I hope you are inspired to play along with us at Anything But a Card Challenges. :) Sb

2 comments:

  1. I too love creating with left over bits. You have don a great job here. I love it...
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing use of 'scraps'! I need to do that a lot more often!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin