Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Monday, March 2, 2015

Teatime Inspired... You Can Make It Yourself Bloghop with Designer Crafts Connection



Hello Everyone! Today is the first monday of March which brings another Designer Crafts Connection Bloghop... celebrating National Crafts Month! Our creatives are sharing projects that "You Can Make it Yourself" and techniques to inspire you to get crafty all month long. I have loads of pins to try to keep me busy for a lifetime {and then some}... but for today's project, I decided on something that has been on my handwritten crafty list of "things to try".


I'm sure you've seen this one around! This papier maché tea cup tutorial by Ann Wood {CLICK HERE to view} is all over Pinterest and the web - I have been wanting to make these for ages. Ann is so wonderful to provide a fabulous tutorial - and - she also provides a downloadable template, too! THANK YOU Ann for sharing! This project is perfect for using up scraps, ribbon and embellishments that are too small for other makes.


I have a bin with paper scraps, small pieces of ribbon and other bits and bobs leftover from other projects which I shop when starting new projects. I had a four leftover mauve floral paper scraps from another project {3" x 12" strips} which made for a great base to make a set of four tea cups. I collected up some coordinating washi tape along with leftover ribbon sections, beaded trim, lace and my tacky glue. I downloaded and reduced the pattern to fit on my paper strips; cut out pattern and traced onto my papers. After a few brief minutes of fussy cutting {really super easy}, it was time for assembly.


I took a few liberites with the instructions: I reduced the pattern to fit my paper scraps and I skipped the traditional papier maché as per the tutorial. Instead I taped the inside of the cups together with loads of strips of washi tape... a cool grey and a teal polka dot pattern - two cups lined with each. I rubbed all the edges with Antique Gold Dew Drop ink, then layering ribbons and trims to each cup. I finished the cups with a sealing of Mod Podge on the inside so the washi tape will not peel up.


Isn't this so stinkin' cute?!!

These were so fun and easy to make - I made a set of 4 while catching up on a couple TV shows spooled up on the DVR. I could see a whole tree covered in these mini teacups for the holidays. They would make great place cards and favors for a bridal shower or dessert party, too.

"Time for Tea"


Thanks so much for visiting! Continue on the Designer Crafts Connection "You Can Make It Yourself" Bloghop by selecting hop back/forward on the logo below to enjoy all of the wonderful inspiration. Happy Creating! Sb :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin